Senior Product Marketing Manager, Platform at CircleCI
As a Senior Product Marketing Manager, Platform lead at CircleCI, you will be essential in optimizing our technical product marketing practices and responsible for our cloud platform GTM efforts! This role could have an opportunity to become a team lead and manage a team of PMMs who will help drive platform initiatives and demonstrate our key differentiators to a technical audience.
This is a highly technical role within the marketing team. To be successful in this role, you will need to brush up on all things CI/CD and collaborate cross functionally to communicate CircleCI’s value to drive adoption and use of the CircleCI platform.What you’ll do:
Become a product and domain specialist for CircleCI:
- Work closely with product managers to understand the ins-and-outs of our features and capabilities. Act as a technical advisor for key marketing initiatives.
- Drive and own go-to-market (GTM) end-to-end for all release efforts tied to our roadmap and test innovative ways for growing awareness and engagement.
- Scope upcoming feature opportunities for our full scale GTM efforts. Distill and communicate why our CI/CD capabilities are relevant and differentiated within the DevOps landscape.
- Partner closely with Revenue enablement and customer engineers to train and support our internal teams. Identify core principle differences, strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities across our competitive landscape.
- Collaborate with product, content, and developer relations teams to build a compelling and engaging set of technical content and tools to drive feature awareness and customer success. Examples of your work should include but not limited to landing pages, battle cards, info sheets, integration guides, videos, FAQs, tutorials, etc.
- Maintain feedback loops and lead success metrics
- Define measurable success. Own reporting and analysis for those success metrics. Contribute to results and use data to measure progress.
- 5+ years of work experience in product marketing, product management, engineering, sales enablement, or experience marketing a technical product.
- Fast learner with the ability to explain and distill information of technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Strong attention to detail and self direction are helpful.
- Sharp writing skills, excellent storyteller and communicator. Please be able to provide some writing samples.
- Passion for our mission, our technology, and our approach to CI/CD
- Work out of the San Francisco or Denver office or remote within Pacific, Mountain, or Central time zones
- Prior experience in CI/CD, other DevOps tools and platforms, software development, and/or developer marketing is helpful for this position
- Bonus points for graphic design and/or video production skills
Excited to join our team yet? Send a résumé and cover letter describing what motivates you and why you think you are a good fit for the team. If you supply to an open source project, write a blog, or have a presence on the web (GitHub, Twitter, Stack, etc.) we would love to hear about it.About Product Marketing at CircleCI
Product Marketing is responsible for the development and execution of our feature releases and go-to-market strategy, product positioning and value-based messaging, buyer personas, customer insights, competitive analysis, and sales & field enablement content and programs. We work in cross-functional teams, love to talk to customers, use data and user research to drive our decision making, believe in delivering quickly, measuring our results, and constantly refining our approach.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform important job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
We know there’s no such thing as a “perfect” candidate - we’re all a work in progress and are growing new skills and capabilities all the time. CircleCI welcomes those passionate about learning and evolving, so however you identify and whatever your background, if this looks like a role where you could do your best work, we hope you’ll apply.About CircleCI
CircleCI is the world’s largest shared continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, and the central hub where code moves from idea to delivery. As one of the most-used DevOps tools that processes more than 1 million builds a day, CircleCI has unique access to data on how engineering teams work, and how their code runs. Companies like Spotify, Coinbase, Stitch Fix, and BuzzFeed use us to improve engineering team productivity, release better products, and get to market faster.
Founded in 2011 and headquartered in downtown San Francisco with a global, remote workforce, CircleCI is venture-backed by IVP, Sapphire Ventures, Owl Rock, NextEquity Partners, Scale Venture Partners, Threshold Ventures, Baseline Ventures, Top Tier Capital Partners, Industry Ventures, Heavybit, and Harrison Metal Capital. Learn more at https://circleci.com.
CircleCI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.