Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Travel Percentage :
15 - 25%
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team:
The candidate will join the Product team within FIS Merchant Solutions responsible for a suite of Value-added Services that deliver a range of benefits to global merchants. These include bolstering top-line revenue, reducing cost, and enhanced insight into merchants’ end customers.
What you will be doing:
Our vision is to provide the most relevant, reliable, and straight-forward global payments experience, helping customers access more consumers and driving profitable growth. You will be central to this vision.
The Senior Product Manager will be an internal and external product champion driving creation and market penetration of services that provide top and bottom line benefits to many of the largest eCommerce merchants in the world. He/she will be responsible for: defining specific areas of product investment based on market needs analysis; delivering product capabilities that address market demand; owning the customer experience; articulating the value proposition; and creating sales enablement tools to ensure the product suite meets its revenue goals. You’ll be expected to perform many or all of the following duties.
- Inform the roadmap and strategy for a portfolio of value-added services, driving solution set through conception, planning, development, release, early adoption, iterative enhancement and market penetration.
- Engage customers, sales teams and internal experts to define market needs and operational requirements.
- Serve as Product Owner with one or more agile development teams, set development priorities, and translate product inputs into well-defined requirements.
- Organize and lead collaborative cross-functional teams to ensure timely, comprehensive communication and operational readiness to implement services, deliver on promised value, and achieve revenue goals.
- Collaborate with Worldpay's data scientists as well as merchants' data experts to identify and bring to reality data-informed products and reports that provide insights to customers.
- Deliver training to internal stakeholders and populate and maintain product reference materials for co-worker self-service on product questions.
- Work with colleagues in Marketing to develop content and programs that drive and support new customer acquisition and product adoption.
- Speak in public forums such as webinars and trade conferences, and contribute blog postings that demonstrate Worldpay's industry thought leadership.
- Work closely with Sales, Relationship Management, Partner Management and Solutions Consulting teams to support new sales and upselling activities, including participation in customer and prospect meetings.
- Coordinate efforts with colleagues from other Worldpay business units, leveraging existing corporate technology assets where applicable and ensuring optimal reach of solution elements through Worldpay sales channels.
- Develop business cases as needed to advocate for and justify new product investments.
- Ensure timely resolution of issues that affect customers, sales & support teams.
- Maintain metrics reports and present results to senior management team on a periodic basis.
- Drive engagements with key vendors and partners to help expand the scope and differentiation of Worldpay's payment management solutions.
What you bring:
- Undergraduate degree in technical discipline, or equivalent work experience in a technical field.
- Exceptional business acumen, MBA a plus.
- 3-5 years' experience in software product management or equivalent role; experience in Software as a Service strongly preferred.
- 2+ years prior experience in the payments industry, with demonstrable understanding of major trends in eCommerce, strongly desired.
- Proven skills in data analysis and use of data to create process efficiencies, enhance products, address complex customer problems and/or identify and capture new revenue opportunities.
- Minimum 3 years of experience managing product development with an agile methodology (e.g. SAFe), with competence utilizing project management software (e.g. Rally) to write concise user stories to communicate with the Engineering and QA teams and to ensure feasibility.
- Excellent writing and speaking skills, with prior experience presenting to both internal (sales and relationship management teams) and public (external) audiences via webinars and/or conference presentations.
- Familiarity with the managing a product post-launch to support the sales cycle, gauge performance against original business case, enhance to meet evolving market needs, and, if/when applicable, drive toward ultimate sunset.
- Some experience developing internal sales enablement material across media (written documentation, slide content, video, etc.)
- Positive outlook, strong work ethic, and responsive to internal and external clients and contacts
What we offer you:
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility, and respect
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.