Senior Product Manager at CircleCI
As a Senior Product Manager at CircleCI, you have ownership of multiple product domains and are accountable for their success. Senior Product Managers are responsible for the product roadmap and execution of specific product domains. You will work with full-stack, autonomous teams including engineers, designers, and data-analysts to define the product vision, make evidence-based decisions based on analysis and user research, and ship quickly and continuously. We run a durable team model where teams focus and be responsible for a particular product domain vs. project driven approach. Our Product Managers own their domain, their metrics and delivery of successful outcomes to move those metrics.
At CircleCI, a Product Manager’s success is defined by our customers' success. Our customers are development teams, and they succeed when we can help them quickly and validate code and seamlessly ship changes to their end-users. We’re seeking a Product Managers who want to have a meaningful impact shipping successful products that help thousands of developers deliver at scale. Does this sound like a place you could make an impact? Check out some additional details below!What you’ll do:
- Develop and communicate the product strategy for one or more key parts of the CircleCI experience, and effectively influence key partners on the merits of the strategy.
- Build and maintain a roadmap to delight our users while growing the business.
- Own what the team works on and why by assessing opportunities and doing discovery.
- Talk to customers and customer-facing teams to understand what problems are our customers facing.
- Integrate usability studies, user research, market analysis, and community feedback to tackle those customer problems.
- Breakdown complexity and ambiguity into manageable pieces that can be delivered and iterated on.
- Define MVPs, prioritize features, build agreement, and coordinate product schedules with a team of engineers and designers to ship quality experiences.
- Establish what success means for your teams and foster accountability for building the right thing.
- Dogfood using the CircleCI service to ship experiments, ship features, and ship a lot of improvements that deliver impact and outcomes that substantially help the growth of the company.
- 6+ years of product management experience, ideally in SaaS or related space
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize among contending opportunities, balance customer needs with business priorities, and articulate the rationale behind those decisions
- Entrepreneurial attitude and an ability to deal with ambiguity and constantly evolving environments
- Excellent analytical abilities and experience with user research and building business cases to drive decisions and improve products
- Strong listener who enjoys talking to our customers and breaking down customer feedback into problem statements
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional organizational and analytical abilities
- Solid understanding of how software is built, tested, and released to customers
- Desire to work with technical products and technical users
- Eager to provide feedback and help peers and the product organization grow
- Startup experience and a technical background a plus!
- Understanding of Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery concepts a plus
CircleCI is the world’s largest shared continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, and the central hub where code moves from idea to delivery. As one of the most-used DevOps tools that processes more than 1 million builds a day, CircleCI has unique access to data on how engineering teams work, and how their code runs. Companies like Spotify, Coinbase, Stitch Fix, and BuzzFeed use us to improve engineering team productivity, release better products, and get to market faster.
Founded in 2011 and headquartered in downtown San Francisco with a global, remote workforce, CircleCI is venture-backed by IVP, Sapphire Ventures, Owl Rock, NextEquity Partners, Scale Venture Partners, Threshold Ventures, Baseline Ventures, Top Tier Capital Partners, Industry Ventures, Heavybit, and Harrison Metal Capital. Learn more at https://circleci.com.
CircleCI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Colorado Salary Range: $149,500 - $176,000/yr, plus applicable bonuses
Level: Mid-Senior Level