Senior Product Manager at HomeAdvisor
HomeAdvisor is seeking an experienced, results-driven Senior Product Manager. This person will own a huge part of the company’s growth engine and will have the opportunity to redefine and digitize the delivery of home services. This person has an owner’s mindset and is laser-focused on building extraordinary experiences for customers and pros in both the digital realm and the real world.
At HomeAdvisor, we work every day to create the digital tools and services that empower millions of service professionals to connect with hundreds of millions of homeowners to nurture growth of the independent small business and deliver a seamless experience in home improvement. As #1 in the home services category, our tremendous scale is the launchpad to inventions that will continue to reshape the home services marketplace. Product is the heart of our business.
- Fiercely competitive: you operate with a sense of urgency, creativity, and curiosity for how we can improve the lives of our customers and our pros. You aren’t easily knocked down
- Data-fluent: you use data to solve problems, identify opportunities, and are capable of inventing and using new metrics in order to learn and make decisions
- Biased for action: you make good decisions with incomplete data and are constantly optimizing for learning
- A bar raiser: you inspire others to bring their ‘A’ game and are constantly looking for opportunities for improvement. You don’t accept “because that is the way we’ve always done it.”
- An owner: you can seamlessly straddle thinking about both the product and the business and are equally comfortable talking about funnel metrics and P+L's
What you’ll do:
- Deeply understand our users (both consumers and service professionals), where they find value in our platform, and where we have opportunities to improve
- Think beyond the bounds of the digital product to figure out how we can deliver value in the real world
- Build amazing products our customers and pros can’t live without
- Define product and business goals and the strategy and roadmap to deliver them
- Launch new products and features with a highly detailed and thoughtful testing approach to evaluate performance
- Conduct competitive analysis and build economic models to evaluate and prioritize efforts effectively
- Thrive within ambiguity and find new, creative ways to solve problems every day, with data as your guide
- Collaborate with design, engineering, and analytics teams to make swift and smart decisions, move fast, and deliver for customers and pros
Skills and Experience needed for success:
- 4+ years of experience with product expertise including the ability to ideate, develop and launch never before seen products
- Deep experience A/B testing at scale
- Strong ability to collaborate across functions and levels seamlessly juggling the priorities of multiple stakeholders
- Ability to integrate usability studies, research and market analysis into product requirements to enhance user satisfaction
- Experience in mentoring, coaching, and providing guidance to junior team members and the passion for creating an environment where creative solutions are nurtured
- Familiarity and comfort with big data, including the ability to use data to analyze and monitor product health
- Ability to weigh competing priorities, manage tradeoffs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with stakeholders, driving to consensus while maintaining a clear focus on overarching business priorities.
- Superior communication skills: you communicate clearly and concisely, including with senior leadership, and can tailor your message to your audience
ABOUT THE JOB:
Our Product group is responsible for developing digital tools and cutting-edge solutions that help consumers find reputable contractors and our Service Professionals thrive and grow their business. The Senior Product Manager will play a key role in our growth and expansion while maintaining our position as the industry leader in homeservices.
The team and position will be based out of our brand-new Headquarters in the RiNo Arts District of Denver, CO.