Senior Product Manager at HomeAdvisor
At HomeAdvisor, we create digital products and experiences to help hundreds of millions of homeowners connect with talented service professionals to get work done. We are a two-sided marketplace that is reimagining how people care for and improve their homes while also nurturing growth of independent small businesses. As #1 in the Homeservices category, our tremendous scale is the launchpad to boundless inventions in technology and product!
We work to deeply understand our homeowners and service pros and build world class experiences to fundamentally improve home ownership. This includes not only traditional marketplace-style products, but also product disciplines including payments, ecommerce, subscriptions/memberships, SEO, SaaS-style tools, and more.
What you’ll do:
We are seeking a driven, customer-obsessed Senior Product Manager to join our team in Denver. As a Senior Product Manager, you will be responsible for developing goals and metrics and the product vision to achieve them while at the same time leading a delivery team to execute on your plan. To be successful in this role, you’ll need to be able to iterate quickly on this roadmap based on data & feedback you see from homeowners and service professionals. You will also:
- Work closely and collaboratively with your team of engineers, designers, and analysts to innovate and optimize, bringing new products to life on both sides of our marketplace
- Conduct data analysis, market research, and user research to deeply understand your constituents and build/improve products to meet their needs
- Write crisp, clear, and concise product specifications for proposed features as well as detailed product requirements/user stories to support development
- Develop and execute against release plans, removing roadblocks to ensure forward progress, while exhibiting good judgment in balancing considerations for size of opportunity, scope of development and support costs, risks, and end-user experience
- Work with engineering teams to estimate work, make smart tradeoffs, define milestones and deliver
- Evangelize the product vision and motivate team-members critical to the product’s success
- Measure and report on product performance, and use that data to drive roadmap decisions
What you’ll need:
- At least 5 years of relevant experience: customer-facing digital product management, data analysis, leading an engineering team on a day to day basis, creating a vision, selling it, and driving it forward
- A bias toward action: preferring to work in a fast-paced, Agile environment and comfortable making decisions based with incomplete data
- Willingness to question the status quo and disagree with “the way things have always been done”
- A successful track record of advocating for users and their needs, even when your opinion is unpopular
- A history of taking ownership: you make solid judgments, have good intuition, and reach decisions quickly
- A sharp analytical mind: All your decisions are data-driven; you ask deep questions and find creative ways to learn at a rapid pace
- Good instincts to balance independence and collaboration: You don't wait to ask for direction but know when slowing down to create buy-in is critical
- A high degree of fluency in quantitative and qualitative data analysis
- A preference for working in teams, but comfort working independently when necessary.
- Self-motivation, with ability to work under minimal supervision and confidence to ask for help when you need it
HomeAdvisor is the self-contained operating business of ANGI Homeservices (NASDAQ: ANGI), a federation of spirited technology companies that build for a better economy. In 2017, Angie’s List and HomeAdvisor combined to create the world’s largest Homeservices marketplace. We love the software that we invent, the millions of service professionals whom we empower and the hundreds of millions of homeowners whose lives we beautify. As a purposeful technology company, we foster a culture of collaboration, and nurture growth through innovation. We are proud to be recognized as a Top Workplace in Denver for 6 years and counting!