Senior Product Manager at Webroot, an OpenText company
If you would like to be considered for this position, please submit your resume and we will contact you for future openings.
Webroot is looking for a product manager to drive the future of Webroot’s endpoint offerings which focus on small businesses and managed service providers. In this role, you will own both the product definition and prioritization as well as the creation and execution of the roadmap. To be successful, you’ll need to be comfortable in a fast-paced environment constantly researching user needs, generating new concepts and rapidly iterating on them to drive desired business results.
Webroot Endpoint Protection is Webroot’s flagship cybersecurity product for small and medium businesses. As the lead Product Managers on this product, you will identify mechanisms to more effectively onboard and convert MSPs and SMB improving user flows, adding features, driving integration with new technologies, and ensuring the product market fit. Your roadmap will include a combination of new features to attract customers, cybersecurity efficacy enhancements, and product improvements to increase customer satisfaction and retention.
Webroot prides itself on building products that are simple, secure, and affordable. As a member of the Product Management team, you will to continue to drive our products forward on all three of these fronts. You will be responsible for understanding the needs of the product’s target customers, and then working with our user experience design team and engineering to translate those needs into a compelling product roadmap. Additionally, you will work cross-functionally with sales, solution engineers, support, operations, professional services, threat research, and other functions on a daily basis to make your product successful in the market and for the company.
- Rapidly gain an understanding of the backup products, their economics, the technology behind them, and lead design & discovery processes to shape the product roadmap
- Learn Carbonite’s process for user research, product development, and optimization
- Develop a strong working relationship with the development team through day-to-day interactions over the course of several sprint development cycles
- Learn the wider cybersecurity market, competition, and industry trends
- Create and execute upon product roadmaps for endpoint backup and security teams
- Develop working relationships with each stakeholder to communicate product direction as well as manage requests for new functionality
- Operate as the product owner on several scrum teams, defining requirements, prioritizing stories, and accepting the functionality when complete.
- Become the go-to technical expert on the product, especially for sales, support, and operations functions. This includes external customer interactions for sales and support functions.
- Drive the long term product direction as the person with the best overall picture of the opportunities and priorities in front of you and the team
- Proactively identify and drive to completion product initiatives that will have a measurable impact on company financial results
- Act as the internal advocate and leader for the endpoint protection product within the company
- Learn the fast-paced cybersecurity market to build a product that is staying ahead of new trends and making it simple for SMB/MSPs to adopt
- Manage several stakeholders across the entire organization and come up with a prioritized work plan for your development team that optimizes overall value to the business
- Find the appropriate balance between new features, experience improvements, support issues, architectural work, and threat research enhancements necessary to keep the application successful
- Understand how the application fits into the long term company vision and use all of your knowledge about the competitive landscape to propose a compelling and ultimately successful vision for our cloud backup offering
- Balancing investment and product design between a consumer and SMB marketplace
What will make you successful at Carbonite:
- Ability to quickly learn the ever-changing cybersecurity market
- A track record of good judgment and decision-making in positions with significant responsibility
- Highly autonomous and able to independently identify high value projects and drive them completion
- Demonstrated leadership capability in cross-functional team environments
- High degree of comfort with complex technical environments
- Having and being able to articulate/defend an informed opinion on important topics
- 6+ years relevant work experience, prior experience in IT products
- Experience with IT & MSP specific solutions including desktop management, cybersecurity, incident remediation
- Demonstrated prior success with defining a new product or features, testing & rapid iteration, and driving positive results for the business
- Experience working in SCRUM/agile environments
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
Together Carbonite—a leader in data protection and Webroot—a leader in data security—form the SMB and Consumer Division of OpenText. The mission of our joint offering is to make cyber resilience simple, reliable and accessible in the connected world. We enable comprehensive data protection for companies, consumers, and our vast network of partners around the globe.
Our business requires top talent. We foster a thriving, dynamic environment rich with inventive minds and entrepreneurial spirit. From engineering to sales and marketing, operations and customer support, our employees are empowered and encouraged to build their careers at OpenText.
We pride ourselves on hiring standout candidates who shine in a workplace that encourages collaboration and teamwork. We are growing fast, and looking for talented candidates around the globe. Are you ready to grow with us?#LI-POST
Carbonite, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer does not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. Upon request, accommodations will be made available during the recruitment process for applicants with a disability. If you require accommodations, we will work with you to provide or arrange for the provision of suitable accommodation wherever possible. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.