Senior Product Manager
Guild, the leading education benefits platform and one of Denver's fastest growing startups, is increasing economic mobility for working adults in America and providing education and support to help every student survive and thrive in the economy of tomorrow. Our platform helps employers offer education as a benefit to their employees by connecting employers' workforces with our network of nonprofit universities and education institutions that focus on serving the needs of working adults. And, our team of retention coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through graduation. In order to accelerate our growth and achieve our mission to serve 1000s more students, we've raised over $70 million from top tier investors including Felicis Ventures, Bessemer Venture Partners, and Redpoint Ventures (among other social impact and VC partners!).
As a Senior Product Manager you will be tasked with leveraging technology to help connect Guild’s education marketplace, enabling thousands of students to go to school affordably. You’ll work closely with partners on all sides of the marketplace (employers, students, and universities) as well as our internal operations teams to build technology which “makes the magic happen” for thousands of students every year.
A day in our open, collaborative workspace might look like:
- A conversation or visit with one of our academic partners about a group of students who fell out of our data feed and we want to ensure are being financially supported
- Coordination with your fellow PMs on upcoming employer and university needs impacting the rules engine which powers student financial support across Guild
- Requirement planning with your engineers about how to best deploy Guild’s a new product to support internal and external facing products across the company
- And more!
In this role, you will grow and expand your expertise by:
- Developing deep knowledge and changing the massive educational systems which underlie education in the US
- Partnering directly with a world-class partner management organization focused on building long term, valuable, scalable relationships with our employer and academic partners
- Helping build a massive education and financial system from its early beginnings. We are looking for someone to help us define and execute a vision for how these systems should impact Guild’s students and partners
You’ll know if you’re successful when:
- Students go to school as affordably, in the right program, and are successful.
You’ll join a team:
- Focused on our double-bottom-line mission of changing higher ed for working adults and building a successful startup in Denver
- From diverse backgrounds – from traditional higher education, to athletic coaches, to politicians, to startup leaders (and more!)
- Of learners & problem-solvers dedicated to our dual mission of changing education in America while building a successful, high-growth company
- Committed to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment that you’d support every day
What you’ll add to Guild – as an individual and part of the broader team:
- Experience in a startup or similar fast-paced environment where there is frequent change and a need to demonstrate and act with a sense of urgency
- 5+ years as a technology product manager with a demonstrated history of building products that drive step-function impacts to business or 7+ years as quantitative analyst or consultant with technology experience
- Experience and excitement about building strong relationships with partners
- Passion for our mission – Guild is pioneering a new path for education as a benefit in a complicated and regulated space – success means quickly and effectively adapting your expertise
- Background in software environments requiring high precision software development (e.g., healthcare, finance, inventory management) as QA engineer, software developer, product manager or analyst a plus
- Something else? Wonderful, we’re curious to learn more about you!