Senior Product Manager
We’d love for you to join our growing payroll engineering team in Denver. As a payroll PM in Denver, you’ll need a strong product sense and the ability to inspire and lead a cross-functional team. You'll have a high level of ownership and visibility as you'll be heavily involved in hiring and building our PM team in Denver.
Here’s why we think you should join us:
You want to craft a product that customers love. Before Gusto was founded in 2011, it would have been hard to imagine a delightful payroll product. And yet, Gusto’s founders built a product full of charm and personality that fueled organic growth. We take pride in developing deep user understanding, we obsess about the details, and go the extra mile to show our users we love them.
You want to have a meaningful impact. Gusto’s mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life. We do so by simplifying complex decisions and tasks across Payroll, HR and Benefits. Not only will your work at Gusto help the more than 60,000 businesses we already serve, but Gusto is growing so quickly that every employee can have a large personal impact on the trajectory of our business.
You want to work with great people. Gusto is first and foremost Customer Driven – Engineering, Product and Design collaborate as equals. We value thoughtfulness and empathy. We take pride in making smart decisions based on customer research, design sprints and prototyping.
You want to learn how to scale a successful startup. One path to building an enduring company is to take a problem that seemed too complex to tackle, and simply do it better than anyone before. There’s no question that Payroll, HR & Benefits is a huge market. With sizeable revenue and investments from Google Capital, General Catalyst, and Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers (among others), we are set up to make the most of the giant opportunity ahead of us.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Collaborate with recruiting to build out a strong payroll team in Denver
- Be an owner of complex features and products that drive meaningful growth in revenue
- Ensure employees are paid and taxes are filed for over 60,000 small businesses
- Identify market opportunities, build business cases, and define product vision and strategy
- Articulate and design customer experiences that make our users smile
- Understand customer pain points, come up with solutions, and then prototype, iterate, and launch frequently
- Work closely with design, engineering, marketing, and support teams across San Francisco and Denver.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Have 5+ years of product management experience
- Have a proven track record of product launches
- Be entrepreneurial, driven, and passionate
- Be organized and advocate for design methodologies and processes
- Be sincerely empathetic and kind
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto’s mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life. By making complicated, impersonal business tasks simple and personal, Gusto is reimagining HR, payroll, and benefits for over 60,000 companies nationwide. Gusto has offices in San Francisco and Denver and the company’s investors include Google Capital, General Catalyst, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, as well as the founders of Instagram, Stripe, Nest, PayPal, Yelp, Dropbox, and Eventbrite, among others.