CircleCI is hiring a Senior Product Manager to help us scale and craft our security program’s vision and strategy! You'll work closely with leads across different domains to operationalize our security function while also providing a product experience to support our teams.
The team will deal with threat-detection, endpoint/application security best-practices, data security, compliance, and more across a variety of domains. As the Senior Product Manager, you have ownership of multiple product domains and are accountable for their success. You’ll own team strategy, roadmap, and delivery of your specific product domains.
You will work with full-stack, autonomous teams including engineers and data-analysts to define the product vision, make decisions based on data and research, and help our teams deliver secure products quickly and continuously.
We run a durable teams model where teams focus and own a particular product domain vs. a project-driven approach. Our Product Managers own their domain, their metrics and are responsible for delivering successful outcomes to move those metrics.
This role is an excellent opportunity for Product Managers who want to have a meaningful impact helping us ship secure products that help thousands of developers deliver at scale!What you’ll do:
- Develop and articulate the product strategy and critical metrics for the Security domain.
- Work with teams in all areas of the company, including engineering, legal, sales, product, and support.
- Take ownership of what the team works on and why by assessing opportunities and doing discovery.
- Talk to internal teams to understand what problems they are solving and where security needs to assist.
- Build a process to tackle security initiatives that impact SOX, SOC II, and FedRAMP.
- Breakdown complexity and ambiguity into manageable pieces that can be delivered and iterated on.
- Define MVPs, prioritize features, build agreement, and coordinate product schedules with a team of engineers and product managers to ship quality experiences.
- Establish what success means for your teams and foster accountability for building the right thing.
- 6+ years of product management experience, preferably with experience in SaaS and security
- Passionate about the application and infrastructure security, and user privacy
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize amongst competing opportunities, balance customer needs with business priorities, and explain the rationale behind those decisions
- Entrepreneurial approach and an ability to deal with ambiguity and continuously evolving environments
- Excellent analytical abilities and experience with user research and building business cases to drive decisions and improve products
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Outstanding organizational and analytical abilities
- Solid understanding of how software is built, tested, and released to customers
- Desire to work with technical products and technical users
CircleCI is the world’s largest shared continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform and the central hub where code moves from idea to delivery. As one of the most-used DevOps tools that processes more than 1 million builds a day, CircleCI has unique access to data on how engineering teams work and how their code runs. Companies like Spotify, Coinbase, Stitch Fix, and BuzzFeed use us to improve engineering team productivity, release better products, and get to market faster.
Founded in 2011 and headquartered in downtown San Francisco with a global, remote workforce, CircleCI is venture-backed by IVP, Sapphire Ventures, Owl Rock, NextEquity Partners, Scale Venture Partners, Threshold Ventures, Baseline Ventures, Top Tier Capital Partners, Industry Ventures, Heavybit, and Harrison Metal Capital. Learn more at https://circleci.com.
CircleCI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law.