SonderMind is a VC-backed digital health company redesigning behavioral health through covered and timely access, increased utilization, and data-validated quality outcomes. We are a team of Explorers, Builders, and Change Makers democratizing the complicated world of behavioral healthcare for therapists and clients alike.
About this Role
We are seeking to hire a Senior Product Manager to own the strategy and tactical execution for advancing SonderMind’s client / provider matching algorithms and best match supporting processes. In this position, you will bring a mix of strong product management experience that includes a keen attention to detail, innovative outside of the box problem solving and creative solutioning, exceptional execution skills, and the ability to define and deliver a compelling vision that drives business outcomes.
To be successful in this position, you have a history of leading successful advanced search / matching algorithm development initiatives in a highly iterative collaboration with engineering and data science team partners. You will foster cross-functional and cross-team collaboration and consistency by working closely with product design, engineering, clinical care, provider success, client success, and executive leadership to articulate a strategy, navigate competing priorities, and build a best-in-class experience in a fast-paced agile environment.
- Work in collaboration with team members to foster a mission-driven culture around quality of care for SonderMind’s clients and mental health providers.
- Partner with stakeholders from engineering, data science, analytics, business operations, and legal teams to define and articulate SonderMind’s client / provider match algorithms strategy and point of view.
- Grow client acquisition, conversion, and retention through defining, managing and executing against a product roadmap tailored to drive quality matching of client needs and preferences with SonderMind’s network of provider services.
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders to design best practices for algorithmically matching clients with providers while supporting these methods with operational practices designed to achieve high client conversion and retention with SonderMind’s behavioral health services.
- Define target client and provider personas and develop an intimate understanding of their needs and goals in alignment with SonderMind’s value propositions.
- Collabore with design team members to conduct user tests, research, and experiments to capture and understand real users' motivations, goals, and pain points.
- Collaborate with product managers overseeing the client and provider facing user experiences to design and develop underlying algorithm solutions that effectively power match flows within these experiences.
- Work in conjunction with business operations stakeholders to design operational processes and controls that support the efficient delivery of quality client / provider matches.
- Define, monitor, and analyze product efficacy metrics and feed learnings back into the product development process.
- Clearly communicate key product development priorities to all levels of the organization.
- Create product requirements documents and functional specifications.
- Manage project delivery and business expectations.
- 7+ years of experience as a product manager.
- 3+ years experience product managing modern search technologies (e.g., open source search engines like Solr Lucen or Elasticsearch).
- Strong analytical skills and a track record of data-driven decision making.
- Comfortable applying a combination of qualitative and quantitative methods to define success and problem solving without perfect metrics.
- Knowledge of computer science fundamentals (e.g., data structures, algorithms, design patterns) and core knowledge of search results algorithms for promotion, faceted searches, boosting query logic, and filtered query modalities
- Willingness to be on a constant learning journey while continuously going above and beyond normative comfort levels to explore new methods and approaches to solving complex problems.
- Proven ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams in a virtual office environment.
- Experience using data and forecasting to build business cases, analyze performance and drive decision-making.
- Experience in testing, data analysis, addressing and solving problems, and strategic business process development.
- Experience working with an engineering team to perform highly iterative R&D explorations into algorithmic solutioning to drive search relevance modalities.
Nice to Have
- Experience with behavioral health services as an industry
- Experience in human centered design and solutioning
Our Employee Benefits Philosophy
As a leader in redesigning behavioral health we are walking the walk with our employee benefits package. We focus on meeting SonderMinders wherever they are and supporting them in all facets of their life with both mental and physical aspects in mind. Where most companies say "good enough" we ask ourselves "how can we do better." That includes:
- Pay Transparency- starting salary for this role $125,000
- Therapy coverage benefits to enable our employees to get the care they need
- Employer-paid disability & AD&D to cover life's unexpected - not only that, we cover the difference in salary for up to Eight weeks of short-term disability leave
- Eight weeks of paid parental leave (if the parent also qualifies for STD, this benefit is in addition)
- A generous PTO policy and a company mandate of at MINIMUM three-weeks of PTO a year; flexible work-from-home policy
- A great downtown location accessible with a 100% company-covered EcoPass and stocked with unlimited drinks and snacks (with health and indulgent options for whatever craving hits you)
- A commitment to reward our team members for the long-term success and growth of SonderMind with stock option grants and bonus potential
- Competitive market salary, up-to 4% salary company match on 401K, professional development and advancement opportunities as we rapidly scale, and so much more.
Commitment to an Inclusive Workplace
Mental wellness impacts people of every community. At SonderMind, building and supporting a diverse workforce is foundational to our goal to redesign behavioral healthcare to be more approachable and accessible. SonderMind is a committed equal opportunity employer and provides a workplace that will not tolerate discrimination or harassment.
Our employees may be exposed to sensitive personal information throughout their regular duties. For this reason, we maintain exceptionally high expectations of ethical conduct and require all incoming employees to pass a background check.