Fanatics is the global leader in licensed sports merchandise and changing the way fans purchase their favorite team apparel and jerseys. Through an innovative, tech-infused approach to making and selling fan gear in today's on-demand culture, Fanatics operates more than 300 online and offline stores, including the e-commerce business for all major professional sports leagues (NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, NASCAR, MLS, PGA), major media brands (NBC Sports, CBS Sports, FOX Sports) and more than 200 collegiate and professional team properties, which include several of the biggest global soccer clubs (Manchester United, Real Madrid, Chelsea, Manchester City). Fanatics offers the largest collection of timeless and timely merchandise whether shopping online, on your phone, in stores, in stadiums or on-site at the world's biggest sporting events.
About the Team
Fanatics is first and foremost a technology company. We are powered by cutting-edge tech created by our small agile teams using the latest tools and technologies under our highly analytical, forward thinking, and open-minded leadership. As the global leader in licensed sports merchandise, we challenge ourselves by improving our new fully responsive NodeJS cloud commerce platform, Elasticsearch engine, and deep data science capabilities while building the best-in-class retail manufacturing and supply chain technologies. Our tech teams work together to revolutionize data science and engineering initiatives, provide highly scalable real-time and streaming platforms, and create secure e-commerce and in-stadium fan experience products. Our own e-commerce platform transacts in over 190 countries, 17 languages, and 14 currencies. Our motto is “#GSD”—get stuff done—and we do just that. If you want to be at the nexus of sports, commerce, and technology, come be a part of our industry-leading team here at Fanatics Tech.
You are an experienced Product Manager who is intellectually curious and value oriented. You have a track record of managing relationships and communicating with cross-functional stakeholders like engineering, product, “the business,” and internal customers. You can effectively explain complex, technical concepts to non-technical teammates. You will play a critical role in scaling our e-commerce platform capabilities by working with and building solutions for development teams; you will also evangelize those horizontal solutions and drive – then measure – their broad adoption.
What you will be doing:
- Lead the ideation, development, delivery, and adoption of technology-oriented solutions that enable and support our application engineering teams building a world-class eCommerce platform
- Adopt a customer-centric approach to understand user needs, and identify opportunities for common components that can be widely leveraged by the tech org
- Effectively translate user needs into backlog items – and a roadmap – that are understood by geographically distributed development teams
- Ruthlessly prioritize requirements across conflicting dimensions and gain clarity on the minimum capabilities that matter
- Own and drive a product vision that aligns with our broader partner and organization needs
- Facilitate engineering team-level planning sessions and other ceremonies as appropriate
- Bring a data-driven mindset to creating acceptance criteria and other success metrics, then track them post-delivery
- Evangelize our platform across the tech organization and other key stakeholders to drive adoption, engagement and return on investment
- Identify and manage cross-functional dependencies Actively participate in the improvement of our Product Management frameworks
What we're looking for:
- B.Sc. in Computer Science or related degree
- Background in enterprise Observability, Logging and Monitoring, Open Telemetry, Analytics systems as a SaaS Product Manager of key technology user
- 5+ years of experience managing a portfolio of tech products in a Product Management role
- Excellent analytical / problem-solving skills with demonstrable ability to synthesize disparate data and identify patterns
- Participation in all stages of the software development lifecycle, with at least 3 years of experience applying Agile & Lean software methodologies
- Experience participating in complex cross-functional projects and programs that require participation of multiple Agile teams
- Capable of balancing tactical Scrum team management alongside short and long-term product vision
- Effective organizational and communication skills including the ability to articulate measurable business value
- Capable of influencing and negotiating with others while maintaining respectful professional relationships via persuasion, patience, and knowledge
- Assist engineering team managers with resource allocation, potentially across multiple initiatives
- Requires occasional travel to both company and business partner locations throughout the U.S.
- Deliver outcomes. Say what you will and then do it.
- Defined or built technology solutions to support Governance, Regulation and Compliance in technology
- Defined or built technology solutions for Cloud Asset Management
- Experience working with Cloud technologies, AWS preferred
- Experience with data storage technologies such as Cassandra, ScyllaDB, and traditional relational databases (PostgreSQL, MySQL, etc.)
- Experience with event driven platforms such as Kafka, Rabbit MQ, etc...
- Passionate sports fan who loves engaging with major sports leagues, teams, athletes, and other fans!
Salary Range for Journey Levels: $85,00 - $150,000
Salary Range for Senior levels: $135,000 - $182,000
Depending on Education/Training and Experience
Tryouts are open at Fanatics! Our team is passionate, talented, unified, and charged with creating the fan experience of tomorrow. The ball is in your court now.
Ensure your Fanatics job offer is legitimate and don’t fall victim to fraud. Fanatics never seeks payment from job applicants. Fanatics recruiters will only reach out to applicants from an @fanatics.com or @fanatics.co.uk email address. For added security, where possible, apply through our company website at www.fanaticsinc.com/careers
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS/APPLICANTS: In connection with your application, we collect information that identifies, reasonably relates to or describes you (“Personal Information”). The categories of Personal Information that we collect include your name, government issued identification number(s), email address, mailing address, other contact information, emergency contact information, employment history, educational history, criminal record, and demographic information. We collect and use those categories of Personal Information about you for human resources and other business management purposes, including identifying and evaluating you as a candidate for potential or future employment or future contract positions, recordkeeping in relation to recruiting and hiring, conducting criminal background checks as permitted by law, conducting analytics, and ensuring compliance with applicable legal requirements and Company policies.