Founded in 2015, Automox is coming off its fourth quarter of record growth that has seen its platform become the most recommended solution in endpoint security and the preferred endpoint management solution for over 1,500 customers across 30 countries. With an increasing number of operating systems, servers, hardware, and applications that need to be maintained, updated, configured, and patched on a regular basis, IT ops teams are feeling fatigued and vulnerable. Automox is building a company and team to tackle this problem for millions of endpoints.
As Automox continues to grow our product suite we are building out our Product organization and looking to add a Technical Product Owner (TPO) to the team. The TPO owns the backlog and vision/roadmap of a technical domain as an internal product. The TPO’s customers are other platform products/domains, Product Management, and potentially Automox customers/partners (i.e. API). Automox engineering has developed an exciting new target architecture to support a greater product vision including massive scaling into the future. The TPO role will be critical in iteratively delivering customer value on the new target architecture while also supporting our customers via the legacy framework until it is deprecated. A product mindset is required for this role, and technical experience is a strong plus.
THE FUN STUFF
* Build a deep understanding of internal services and the specific needs our team can help serve
- Engage with architecture to understand the purpose of the technical domain and ensure ongoing purity of function and scope -- does what it should, no more / no less
- Enable, encourage and assist engineering in their tech debt strategy, facilitate when necessary
- Identify and manage defects and incidents
* Develop a product roadmap that factors in engineering, customer and product requirements
* Works with other TPOs to break down feature work for engineering teams and deliver collective customer value
- Raises hand when technical domain will be impacted by a body of work
- Works with other TPOs and engineering teams to identify and manage dependencies, gaps and risk
- Requirements gathering and analysis (“customers” being other services, with the “big picture” product vision in mind)
- Facilitate Technical/Functional Analysis and Design
- Story writing, breakdown of features into user stories
- Backlog maintenance/refining
- Capacity planning
- Facilitate agile ceremonies and work sizing/estimation
- Assist in removing Unknowns/Risk - Facilitation of spikes, dev discussions, etc.
- Acceptance testing
- Feature delivery Tracking/Reporting
* Deeply embedded with the engineering team and liaison between engineering and product
- Represent dev team and tech domain to the business
- Represent product and related mindset to engineering
- Reduces technical unknown by asking questions to product/business that help inform the “how” and open possibilities
* Ability to think big, in terms of what’s possible, rather than what’s technically feasible with what we have today
- technical/architectural mind-set AND product mindset, which allows building toward the bigger picture with requirements
- Understands the functional limitations of the technical domain, and mitigates with technical domain roadmap if necessary
* Delivery/Deployment Management
- Use of technology for testing, monitoring, troubleshooting and deployment
- Assist with delivery quality by encouraging/facilitating Definition of Done
- Ensure delivery of value by working with architecture and product management
- Facilitate/Support deployments
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
- 3+ years as a Product Owner or Product Manager in a fast paced technology company
- Experience working in an Agile environment, specifically Scrum.
- You have experience facilitating Scrum ceremonies and have a track record of delivering value quickly and on time to your customers.
- You’re a systems thinker. You know how to take high level requirements and translate them into cohesive, engineering consumable user stories and ensure the business use case is covered.
- Excellent, proactive communicator, especially in a distributed environment.A technical background either as an Engineer, Sys admin, or similar is preferred. If not a formally trained technologist you have strong technical aptitude and understand how the technology works and can have a thoughtful discussion with the engineers you support.
- A demonstrated passion for delivering value to your customers and getting things done efficiently and on time.
- Strong alignment to our Core Values: Customer Obsessed, Humbly Courageous, Innately Curious, Thoughtful Decision Maker, Extraordinary Communicator, and Highly Impactful.
WHY AUTOMOX We are on a mission to enable every IT Admin to automate the fundamental tasks that keep their corporation secure. This mission can only be accomplished with a culture embodies entrepreneurialism, accountability and providing our employees with the clear direction and freedom to do their best work. We don’t measure excellence based on how but on the what. Each employee has a value and contribution to the success of Automox. We look forward to working with you and seeing the success you will bring on our journey.
Remote : Anywhere in the US. The world is changing so are we. Automox has moved to a fully distributed company and is open to hiring across the US.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Automox. Automox is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status, or any legally protected status.