Senior Product Manager, Payments
Guild is hiring a Senior Product Manager, Payments to develop products and features that facilitate direct payment to the various partners in our marketplace.
Guild’s product teams leverage technology to help connect and scale our education marketplace, enabling thousands of students to go to school affordably. Our employer partners, primarily Fortune 1000 companies, join Guild’s marketplace to offer best-in-class education benefits to their workforce. Guild facilitates Tuition Assistance direct payments to schools on behalf of our employers so students can receive education funding without paying out of pocket.
As Senior Product Manager, Payments you will:
- Develop a deep understanding of the end-to-end Tuition Assistance ecosystem.
- Lead discovery with our internal teams and Academic Partners.
- Craft a vision for products that enable our employer partners, academic partners and Guild admins to efficiently and accurately receive invoices and pay for student tuition. This includes core payment processing capabilities and admin user interfaces.
- Utilize relevant data and market knowledge to build a business case for new product investments that scale our invoicing system for more employers.
- Act as the Product Owner for Guild’s Tuition Assistance platform and features, including authoring, grooming and prioritizing user stories.
- Lead design and engineering of new features with detailed requirements. You’ll get into the data and know the ins and outs of our tuition payment calculations.
- Work cross-functionally to migrate current products from existing infrastructure to a new services-based platform, while anticipating risks and client impacts.
- Work with the broader product team to inform student facing payments product experience.
In addition to working with the Tuition Assistance Engineering team, you will collaborate with other Guild teammates including: Jamie Masterson (Group Product Manager, Payments), Brittany Abisambra (Senior Product Manager, Platform & APIs), Mae Podesta (SVP, Marketplace Operations and Payment Strategy), Melissa Wagasky (Technical Program Manager, Employers), and Libby Balogh (Technical Program Manager, Academic Partners).
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- Experience as a product manager, preferably in B2B, developing and taking products to market.
- Managed products that utilize complex data relationships and processing logic to enable mission-critical business operations.
- An understanding of how database schema enables product features and capabilities.
- Proven ability to manage complex business problems across internal and external stakeholders.
- Helped fast-growth businesses develop configurable and scalable solutions.
- A track record of working closely and effectively with engineering and partner teams.
- Excitement to learn and always expand your knowledge. Guild values a learner’s mindset.
- Commitment to Guild’s mission to unlock opportunity for America’s workforce through education.
- Experience with marketplace, payments or B2B2C businesses is a plus.
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
We also just became the latest female-led company to hit a $1billion valuation and the only B-corp with those qualifications. Our Series D round was led by Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners chairman and former CEO of AMEX, and joined by Emerson Collective, LeadEdge Capital, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.