Senior Product Manager – Partner & Channels
Title: Senior Product Manager – Partner & Channels
Reports to: Executive Vice President, Product Management
Location: Denver, CO
Travel: Low to Moderate at times
What we do
Recognized as one the Top 100 Tech Companies by Builtin.com and over 4.4-star review on Glassdoor, SambaSafety® is the pioneer of driver risk management software in North America. Trusted by over 2 million subscribed drivers; thousands of businesses look to SambaSafety to provide the most powerful, advanced, intuitive, and impactful risk solution platform on the market. SambaSafety is growing at an incredible rate with high employee engagement. It’s an exciting time to be at Samba. Now is the right time to join our high performing culture. We hope to see you here
About this Role
Lead the strategy, development and rollout of SambaSafety’s next generation integration partner program. This includes traditional product management, strategy and roadmap as well as identifying and vetting partner integration opportunities. You will collaborate with channel marketing and sales to ensure the integration strategy delivers unique value to our joint customers while driving revenue and retention for SambaSafety. You will work with 3rdparty partners to plan, scope and design their integrations, ensuring that our integration points and APIs support the most valuable use cases. You will work with partners on best practices to build integrations that are scalable and secure. This is a highly collaborative and strategic role that reports to directly the EVP of Product Management and collaborates with other members of the executive leadership team on an almost daily basis.
What you’ll do
- Own the product strategy, portfolio and roadmap around partnerships and integrations
- Facilitate building an ecosystem of partners to increase the value of SambaSafety to our joint customers
- Collaborate with channel sales and marketing to deliver a great experience to our partners
- Spearhead partner integrations end to end from the user experience to the roll-out management
- Manage the technical integration points in to the SambaSafety platform
- Stay on top of industry trends and competitive landscape to inform your product strategy and priorities
- Know our customers, their challenges, and how they deal with those challenges today
- Know our partners, their unique value propositions and how they reinforce SambaSafety’s mission
- Driver business results including partner adoption, partner growth and
- Collect business requirements and develop use cases
- Write epics and user stories
- Collaborate with the product and marketing team to define KPIs and go-to-market plan; ensure that the desired economic and operational KPIs are defined and met
- Develop and run end-to-end data integration test plans with new parnters.
- Troubleshoot production-escalation issues with your strong software and technical skills.
- Train internal and external customers on new product integrations.
- Work collaboratively with team members across all departments including Engineering, Product, Product Marketing, Analytics, Marketing, and Sales
- Discover solutions which can achieve high standardization and allow implementation on scale
- Manage the technical and product relationship with our partners
What you’ll need
- BA/BS in a technical or business
- +3 years of experience in a Product Manager role directly related to complex software integration products and a total of +7 years of working experience in relevant roles
- Demonstrated a strong track record for starting projects from beginning to end
- Experience working on technical product integrations
- An appetite for customer-based problem solving with technology
- Comfort with an iterative design and development process that includes accepting and managing feedback
- Experience independently driving and managing complex technical projects.
- Superior communications skills, including the ability to translate complex technical products/features into intuitive concepts AND both within your team and with leadership and stakeholders
- A creative instinct to bring fresh ideas into product positioning and development.
- Solid technical writing experience.
- Understand complex technical architectures of modern web and mobile applications
- Strong project manager with a proven track record of delivering world-class products; experience in leading cross-functional project teams in an agile environment is a must
- Strong analytical skills with an ability to transform complex data, customer insights and business requirements into a prioritized roadmap
- Experience working with "API as a Product" is a strong plus
- Storytelling ability, you need to be an platform and integration evangelist both internally and externally.
Highly desired background
- Proven record building and optimizing features for SaaS products
- Experience with APIs and third-party integrations
- Experience with channel sales and distribution models
- Extensive experience in a B2B business model
- Experience building technology products for non-technical buyers