Senior Product Manager, Marketplace at Angi
About the role:
Are you a product leader who wants to help define how customers find and discover services that make their homes a place that they will love? HomeAdvisor is seeking an experienced, results-driven Senior Product Manager. This person will own the products within the customer journey and matching experiences for our marketplace that drives nearly $1bn in revenue/yr. They will have the opportunity to build personalized experiences to help transform how customers think through each step of the home improvement process. This person will empathize with our customer to test and develop products and experiences that span across the platform.
What you’ll do:
- Own & build the customer marketplace experience on our platform - from searching on the page, to selecting a service, to being matched with a pro
- Set and drive ambitious goals and the vision and the roadmap to deliver on them
- Use all the levers at your disposal to drive step-function improvement in lifetime value for our pros and customers.
- Balance the needs of our customers with the needs of our pros, optimizing for a mix of customer delight and pro success, while balancing supply and demand
- Thrive within ambiguity and find new, creative ways to solve problems every day, with data as your guide
- Launch new products and features with a detailed and thoughtful testing approach
- Ruthlessly prioritize the most important things
- Collaborate with design, data science, engineering, and analytics teams to make smart decisions that deliver for customers and pros.
- Constantly work to discover new customer problems and new opportunities
Who you are:
- Deeply curious: you operate with a sense of urgency and always look for new ways to understand our customers and create value on their behalf
- Data-fluent: you use data to solve problems, identify opportunities, and are capable of inventing and using new metrics in order to learn and make decisions
- Biased for action: you make good decisions with incomplete data and are constantly optimizing for learning
- A bar raiser: you inspire others to bring their ‘A’ game and are constantly looking for opportunities for improvement. You don’t accept “because that is the way we’ve always done it.”
- An owner: you can seamlessly straddle thinking about both the product and the business and are equally comfortable talking about funnel metrics and P+L's. You never say “that is not my job.”
Skills and Experiences needed for success:
- 5+ years of consumer-facing product experience, including leadership of an engineering team
- A track record of innovating on behalf of customers and developing ‘new to the world’ products
- Ability to use both qualitative and quantitative data to influence key stakeholders and make compelling product decisions
- Deep experience testing at scale, including partnering with data science to build new products
- Ability to weigh competing priorities, manage tradeoffs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with stakeholders, driving to consensus while maintaining a clear focus on overarching business priorities.
- Strong ability to collaborate across functions and levels seamlessly juggling the priorities of multiple stakeholders
- Familiarity and comfort with data, including the ability to use data to analyze and monitor product health and to make hard prioritization decisions
- Superior communication skills: you communicate clearly and concisely and can tailor your message to your audience
Denver, CO or New York, NY are preferred locations for this position, but we welcome applications for talented product managers located anywhere in the US.
Compensation & Benefits:
- The salary band for this position ranges from $90,000 - $170,000, commensurate with experience and performance. Compensation may vary based on factors such as cost of living.
- This position will be eligible for a competitive year end performance bonus & equity package.
- Full medical, dental, vision package to fit your needs
- Flexible vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
- Pet discount plans & retirement plan with company match (401K)
- The rare opportunity to work with sharp, motivated teammates solving some of the most unique challenges and changing the world