Pie Insurance is an insurtech company tackling meaningful problems. At Pie, we work with small businesses using technology and innovation to improve how they access insurance. Like our small business clients, we are a diverse team of builders, dreamers, and entrepreneurs. So, at the heart of every decision we make is the idea that if it doesn’t serve our clients, it doesn’t serve us.
Today, all Pie-oneers are working remotely and will continue to do so until it is safe to return to the office. As a remote team member, you will be expected to be available for meetings with team members in other time zones and have access to reliable, high-speed internet. This role will work in our Denver office once our office re-opens.
As a Senior Product Manager II, you will leverage your deep knowledge of product management to shepherd the build-out of innovative and easy-to-use applications supporting our businesses. These include, but are not limited to: direct to consumer and partner sales, direct to consumer and partner service, and internal automation systems for Sales, Underwriting, Business Development, and Customer Service. You will consistently question why insurance has done things the way they have, and deliver innovative answers as to how we should do them.
How You'll Do It
- Building out innovative, disruptive, easy-to-use insurance applications, purchase experiences that help optimize conversion, empower our internal support teams to be as efficient as possible.
- Aligning our product roadmap directly with business and consumer goals to establish best of breed applications that continually strive to disrupt the existing landscape.
- Prioritizing feature development and work-streams to maximize our growth, speed-to-market, and create high-quality products.
- Breaking down processes so they can be rebuilt in ways that fundamentally challenge the industry status quo.
- Own the delivery and quality of your products and the business outcomes. Be scrappy. Challenge Convention. Solve problems.
- Write clear and easy to understand user stories. Do what needs to be done no matter how big the obstacles or how limited the resources.
- Demonstrate ownership mentality across a product and the ability to contribute to or create a near-term product roadmap that aligns with the broader team and company goals.
The Right Stuff
- A minimum of 8 years of Product Management experience or related work which can include: financial analysis, underwriting, or general data analysis focused work is preferred.
- Working knowledge with SQL, Looker or other analytical tools is preferred.
- Good understanding of agile processes and skills with Confluence, Jira or similar tools.
- Successfully built features and managed a product area for systems that seamlessly fit within a larger business ecosystem.
- Participated in writing product requirements, documents and user stories.
- Managed a product area, identifying and managing requirements through problems to solution.
- Navigated design challenges with the help of stakeholders and Engineering leaders to come to viable solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate how their current requirements, user stories align to the business strategy overall.
- Demonstrated experience incubating new solutions, ideas, and strategies through technology, and doing what it takes to bring those ideas to market quickly and on-time.
- Ensured quality assurance is balanced with timelines and priorities.
- Used qualitative and quantitative data to generate actionable insights, and leveraged those insights to achieve goals set for the product, and to connect those quantified goals to meaningful outcomes for the business.
- Created and managed prioritized roadmaps and the vision for your areas of product while connecting the dots to contribute to company strategy and vision.
- Proactively identified stakeholders impacted by your area of ownership and worked with those stakeholders to understand, assess and implement their most important requirements into product decisions.
- You do not by default accept the answer: “this is the way we’ve always done it.” You have a passion for disrupting the status quo and want to change how insurance is done.
- Advanced interpersonal skills used for persuading, negotiating, and quickly building relationships.
- Successfully motivated and coached team members to push through challenges.
- Competitive salary
- A piece of the Pie (in the form of stock options)
- Comprehensive health plans
- Generous PTO
- Paid sick leave
- Future focused 401k match
- Our core values are more than just a poster on the wall; they’re tangibly reflected in our work and recognized with our monthly culture award.
- Generous parental leave
Compensation & Benefits
Our goal is to make all aspects of working with us as easy as Pie. That includes our offer process. When we have identified talent that is a good fit for Pie, we work hard to present an equitable and fair offer. We look at your knowledge, skills and experience along with your compensation expectations and align that with our company equity processes to determine our offer ranges.
We value and want to support our team members, and are proud to offer a comprehensive compensation package which includes the following:
Compensation Range for position: $156,000 - $185,000
Pie Insurance is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or other protected characteristic.
Pie Insurance participates in the E-Verify program. Please click here, here and here for more information.
Pie Insurance Named a Top Colorado Company 2020
Pie is rated Excellent by our customers on Trustpilot
Check out our great reviews from current and former employees on Glassdoor
Pie raises an additional $127M in funding