Work in healthcare, without getting blood on your chucks. We seek self-motivated, founder types who GSD. Disrupting the ossified healthcare sector requires those who lean-in, but are pragmatic enough to know that only simple solutions solve really wicked problems. If you must do work that matters, please work with us.
About the Role
As a key member of the Partner Experience product team you will help establish the healthcare industry’s first marketplace for patient-directed data exchange and personalized health opportunities. On one side of this marketplace are patients and their data, which we acquire, centralize, and refine into machine-readable clinical data. On the other side are providers, services, and partners who can leverage this data – upon patient consent – to help patients at every step of their care.
To power this marketplace, we are building a platform that gives our partners the ability to find precise cohorts of patients, with whom, relevant opportunities can be shared and of whom, data can be accessed. Examples of said opportunities include advancing clinical research through data sharing and surveys, clinical trial matches, patient community membership, and sponsored genetic testing. We believe this platform can accelerate time to value for both our partners and the patients they seek to serve by addressing the biggest points of friction that exist today (i.e., finding relevant patients and accessing their data).
Our vision is bold and achieving it will no doubt be challenging. As such, we are seeking an entrepreneurial, tenacious, and healthcare obsessed product manager to help refine the overall product strategy and drive product discovery + delivery. You’re a great fit for this role if you (i) have experience building RWD platforms; ePRO, eCOA, or EDC products; and/or services marketplaces; (ii) have a thorough understanding of real world data; and (iii) appreciate the role that product must play in enabling the true value of real world data to be realized.
About the Company
As part of Invitae, Ciitizen’s mission is to empower Earth’s 7+ billion citizens to take control of their health by giving them control over *all* of their healthcare data. Current solutions fail to do this. Patient portals are limited to the data within a provider’s four walls while interoperability frameworks like Carequality are inaccessible to patients. Further, as the share of data generated outside of EHRs continues to grow, so too will this problem.
The truth is, patients are the only entity that have the legal right to all of their data and motivation to ensure it’s captured fully and accurately. At Ciitizen, our business model and technology were developed around this simple fact from the start. As a result, patients that join Ciitizen are able to access all of their data in one place and share it with whomever they wish (e.g., providers, researchers, health apps, etc).
Invitae takes Ciitizen’s mission a step further by giving users easy access to comprehensive genetic information throughout their life. The resulting combination of robust clinical and genomic data will enable a step change improvement in both care delivery and clinical research, ultimately leading to improved outcomes for all patients.
- Own product discovery and delivery across multiple areas of the Partner Platform including survey configuration, reporting and analytics, and opportunity configuration
- Help define roadmap and translate into releases with measurable milestones
- Write product specifications comprising concrete and measurable success criteria, functional requirements, non-functional requirements, and wireframes
- Partner with engineering to deliver features that meet a high quality bar reliably and often
- Leverage quantitative and qualitative data to discover and prioritize high leverage opportunities
- Engage often with end users, Design, and Engineering to ideate and co-develop solutions that are valuable, usable, feasible, and viable
- Regularly assess KPIs and proxy metrics to assess progress against desired outcomes
- The ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced start-up environment (including dealing with ambiguity), is self-driven, and possesses high integrity and accountability
- 4+ years’ product management experience with 2+ years building RWD platforms; ePRO, eCOA, or EDC products; or services marketplaces
- Proven track record of managing all aspects of a successful product throughout its lifecycle
- Excellent people and stakeholder management skills; able to interact capably with senior-level colleagues and customers
- Strong problem solving skills and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Must be high-agency and a doer
- Experience with clinical data transport standards (e.g., FHIR), content standards (e.g., CCD, HL7) and terminology standards (e.g., SNOMED, RxNorm, LOINC, ICD-10, CPT, etc.)
- Experience with Kibana and Looker
Invitae offers a competitive total rewards package, which includes healthcare coverage, 401k, and a broad range of other benefits, outlined below:
- Health, dental, vision, short- and long-term disability, and basic life insurance coverage
- Paid time off, holiday pay, parental leave, and other health and wellness supports
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.