Senior Product Manager, Enterprise Engage at Skupos
Company. What we are building:
Skupos is the data platform for the convenience retail industry. Retailers, distributors, and brands connect to the Skupos network to create value from disparate data. Convenience retail is a long-standing industry with limited technology adoption, but is responsible for more revenue annually than all of e-commerce in the United States. Skupos leverages our massive datasets to build tools that help the industry succeed.
Skupos software integrates at a retailer’s point of sale, generates analytical insights, and enables promotion execution and performance tracking. For distributors and CPG brands, we provide real-time visibility into consumer purchasing decisions and enable automated promotional discounts at the point of sale. We view our company as revolutionizing a brick-and-mortar industry by bringing cutting-edge technology to physical stores, and helping harness data to create a frictionless connection between millions of people and the products they need.
Role. An overview of the opportunity:
At Skupos, we are committed to delivering the most innovative and industry leading digital products that our customers will love. Using our Engage product, CPG brands run promotions through Skupos that are triggered at the point of sale across thousands of retail locations. As a Senior Product Manager, you’ll help shape the direction and lead the evolution of our Enterprise Engage product, which is used by top-tier CPG brands to design, deploy, measure and optimize promotion performance. This role is integral to Skupos's success and is a unique opportunity to join a mission focused, fast-paced, smart and fun team!
If you're an experienced and driven Product Manager who thrives on building high value data products at cloud scale, Skupos wants you! This is a highly strategic and incredibly customer-focused role. As the ideal candidate for this role, you're a strong product leader with fine tuned business acumen who possesses a strong ability to work across organizations. You're equally motivated by building and aligning Skupos behind your 3 year vision as you are solving near-term current customer pain points with your engineers. You also love working collaboratively with Sales, Client Managers, Marketing Managers, Designers, Engineers and Customer Support, inspiring them to deliver the most customer and market value from our efforts.
Responsibilities. Your responsibilities will include:
- You will be responsible for defining, structuring, improving, and delivering on Skupos’s Enterprise Engage product to provide our CPG customers with the ability to design, deploy, measure and optimize promotions in the independent convenience retail channel
- Roadmap - own direction of your product line. You will define collect and distill requirements from various sources to prioritize your roadmap
- PRDs - write detailed functional requirements to be utilized by a development team to build relevant data visualizations, features and supportive technology
- Project Management - you will take control of all aspects of your projects from inception to completion
- Work and collaborate closely with other Product Managers, Sales team, Client Management team, Data Analysts, Data Scientists, Data Operations, UX Designers, Engineers, and our customers
- Help evolve our data model
- Quality control of your projects - work with QA and Engineering teams to deliver stable, quality product solutions
- Own the metrics you and your team will be measured against
- You will be the driving force for truly innovative solutions that make a massive difference to our customers
Skills. We are looking for:
- 5+ years of experience in product management, with a focus on building analytical tools and data products, and a record of successfully delivering complex products and services
- Product Management experience delivering high scale products targeted for enterprise and/or retail customers, CPG customer experience is a plus
- Demonstrated business results from products or features you have shipped
- Understanding of the technical architecture of data lakes, pipelines, warehousing and data management solutions
- Experience working with SQL, business intelligence tools, and building data infrastructure is a plus
- Superior relationship-building, leadership skills, and strategic thinking, including executive-level communication and compelling storytelling
- Gain input from a variety of internal and external stakeholders to define product features and capabilities; respond to needs throughout the development process
- Proven ability to effectively partner with technology at all levels to consistently deliver high-quality experiences, tools, and solutions
- A passion for data and insights to drive decision-making, and relevant customer engagement by fueling client journeys and incenting behaviors
- Nimble and flexible with regards to changing priorities & business needs; proven multi-tasking skills, ability to meet critical deadlines
- Track to metrics to measure success of program features, analyze results, and partner across the organization to develop action plans and enhancement recommendations
Experience. Candidates should have:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Demonstrated ability to define new concepts and features and take these from inception to launch for customers
- Prioritize features and development efforts based on thorough understanding of customer and business needs, company strategy and portfolio initiatives
- 3+ years of experience specifically in reporting, data analytics, and personalization/recommendation rules (preferably as a product manager)
- A successful background in data analysis, business analysis or a role where you translated data into solutions or answers for your employer or customers
- Ability to tie analytics data to business metrics and vice versa to drive business outcome and develop data-driven products
- Experience and success in building modern, enterprise grade analytics offerings
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working closely with enterprise customers to understand their challenges - and creating a multi-year roadmap to address their future needs
- Experience with cloud scale data products (e.g. Snowflake, AWS, Elastic, BI tools, etc)
- Familiarity with agile methodologies used by the engineering teams
- Entrepreneurial spirit
Salary is based on location and experience.
Salary range in Denver, CO: $140,000 - $150,000.
Benefits. What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Discretionary time off (DTO)
- Wellness stipend
- And more!
A Note on Covid...
We are fortunate to continue to grow during this unfortunate time. Our top priority is to ensure the health and safety of both our current and future Skupeeps.
Since March, all of our Skuad has been working remotely and will continue to do so until we know it is safe to collaborate face-to-face again. As you go through our virtual interview process, don't be surprised if children or pets make an appearance. If we are fortunate to welcome you to the Skuad, we will get you all the equipment needed to get you set up and productive at home.
Work From Home (WFH) life can be challenging. We have and will continue to take steps that ease some of the burden for our Skuad including:
- Monthly stipends to help offset additional expenses incurred with WFH
- Access to mental health & wellness resources
We deeply care about you as our candidate, so let your Recruiter know if there’s anything we can do to make your interview process go more smoothly - We are in your corner!