Senior Product Manager, Data Platform at Invitae (Remote)
Work in healthcare, without getting blood on your chucks. We seek self-motivated, founder types who GSD. Disrupting the ossified healthcare sector requires partners who lean-in, but are pragmatic enough to know that only simple solutions solve really wicked problems. If you must do work that matters, please work with us.
About the Role
We are seeking a highly talented, data-obsessed product leader to own product discovery and delivery for our core data platform. Our data platform ingests any clinical data and refines it into data that is fit-for-purpose for both research and the development of apps and AI. Leveraging modern data architecture best practices, the platform is composed of numerous data pipelines, machine learning models, data stores, microservices, and APIs. As the owner of the data platform, your mandate is to maximize the value of our data as well as the reliability and supportability of the platform overall. This role is critical to our success as all end-user facing offerings for patients and partners depend on the data platform.
In this role you’ll collaborate closely with our Clinical Data team to find opportunities to improve data quality. You’ll also work closely with our Engineering team to optimize the reliability of our pipelines and ensure the roadmap reflects an optimal mix of needle-moving features and incremental improvements.
Ideally you have past experience building clinical data platforms and appreciate the challenges clinical data presents. Likewise, you have a visceral understanding of just how transformative this data can be to the industry when properly structured and normalized to standards like SNOMED, RxNorm, and LOINC. The ultimate goal of this role is to increase both the scale and breadth of our data platform so that we can service all patients across all therapeutic areas in the U.S. and around the globe. Achieving this ambitious goal will require a large degree of tenacity, creativity, and passion for clinical data.
About the Company
As part of Invitae, Ciitizen’s mission is to empower Earth’s 7+ billion citizens to take control of their health by giving them control over *all* of their healthcare data. Current solutions fail to do this. Patient portals are limited to the data within a provider’s four walls while interoperability frameworks like Carequality are inaccessible to patients. As the data generated outside of EHRs continues to grow, so too will this problem.
The truth is, patients are the only player in the healthcare system that have the legal right to all of their data and motivation to ensure it’s captured fully and accurately. At Ciitizen, we have developed the entirety of our business model and technology around this simple fact. As a result, patients that join Ciitizen are able to access all of their data and then share it with whomever they wish (e.g., providers, researchers, health apps, etc).
Invitae furthers Ciitizen’s mission by giving users access to comprehensive genetic information throughout their life. The resulting combination of robust clinical and genomic data enables a step change improvement in both care delivery and clinical research, ultimately leading to improved outcomes for all patients.
- Collaborate closely with engineering and machine learning teams to develop a product strategy that will deliver on our vision
- Translate product strategy and roadmaps into releases with measurable milestones
- Develop product specifications comprising concrete and measurable success criteria, functional requirements, and non-functional requirements
- Partner with engineering to deliver features that meet a high quality bar reliably and often
- Leverage quantitative and qualitative data to discover and prioritize opportunities
- Regularly assess the success of releases to determine if desired outcomes were achieved
- Engage often with engineering to ideate and co-develop solutions that are impactful
- 6+ years of product management experience, preferably with 4+ years owning all or part of a data platform
- Solid technical background including proficiency with SQL
- Consistent record of managing all aspects of a successful product throughout its lifecycle
- Strong problem solving skills and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done
- Excellent people and management skills to interact with colleagues and external parties
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with clinical data transport standards (e.g., FHIR), content standards (e.g., CCD, HL7) and terminology standards (e.g., SNOMED, RxNorm, LOINC, ICD-10, CPT, etc.) strongly preferred
- Past experience in ontology and terminology management preferred
Invitae offers a competitive total rewards package, which includes healthcare coverage, 401k, and a broad range of other benefits, outlined below:
- Health, dental, vision, short- and long-term disability, and basic life insurance coverage
- Paid time off, holiday pay, parental leave, and other health and wellness supports