Senior Product Manager - Data Engineering at Pax8 (Remote)
We Elev8 each other. We Advoc8 for our partners. We Innov8 continuously. We Celebr8 life.
No matter who you are, Pax8 is a place you can call home. We know there's no such thing as a "perfect" candidate, so we don't look for the right " fit " - instead, we look for the add.We encourage you to apply for a role at Pax8 even if you don't meet 100% of the bullet points.Webelieve in cultivating an environment with a diversity of perspectives, in hopes that we can all thrive in an inclusive environment.
We are only as great as our people. And we have great people all over the world. No matter where you live and work, you're a part of the Pax8 team. This means embracing hybrid- and remote-work whenever possible.
Product at Pax8:
Pax8's product team leads the industry in defining what the global cloud product marketplace will be. We achieve this through collaboration, focus on business value, and pragmatic execution.
To ensure that what we're building is easy-to-use, engaging, and sustainably monetizable, we're passionate about collaboration across Pax8 and with our MSP partners. We clear barriers by compulsively assessing cost-benefit to ensure that highest priority products can be brought to market quickly-and that we're leading the field in cloud-based SaaS distribution. And we solve both user and business problems pragmatically through short incubation and frequent iteration. We build innovative products that demonstrably drive partner and customer acquisition, conversion, and retention, and bring our users clear, top-tier benefits.
The Senior Product Manager - Data Engineering, develops the vision, strategy, and roadmap for our data warehouse, sources, and pipelines. They work closely with other Product Managers, Engineers, Data Scientists, UX designers, and business stakeholders to deliver value for both customers and the business. The Manager uses techniques such as design thinking, user testing, and experimentation to generate insights to deeply understand our business and customers to prioritize enhancements that will have the greatest impact. They create complex product artifacts and iterate on product processes. The Manager lends a hand with helping more junior team members learn new skills.
- Own and drive strategy for the Data Engineering product area by enabling data consumers to generate actionable insights from first- and third-party data, data visualization, and reporting, as well as deployment of machine learning models and pipelines. Reduce time-to-value from new data sources via enhancements to data warehousing capabilities, instilling strong governance best practices, and development of tools, process, and documentation
- Apply design and product thinking to the acquisition, organization, synthesis, and automated use of data within the organization, as well as from its partners, customers, vendors, and data aggregators/suppliers
- Be a subject matter expert in the cloud IT space with understanding of internal and external customers' needs
- Collaborate deeply with business stakeholders across the org to plan the right product improvements at the right time to meet a demonstrated market or business need
- Communicate product strategy; collaborate with Data Scientists, Designers, and Engineers to help them deeply understand the strategy so they can effectively execute to maximize our growth, speed-to-market, and value
- Distill vision and strategy into an actionable, focused roadmap that bolts into business OKRs. Socialize and advocate for the roadmap
- Prioritize work streams and guide execution to maximize our growth, speed-to-market, and value. Ideate, user test, write clear stories, refine, solve problems, perform UAT, understand your product through data, and iterate.
- Lead agile ceremonies in collaboration with Engineering teams to ensure shared understanding of problems and solutions
- Guide trade-off decisions to maximize value
- Track progress against OKRs and understand product performance at a feature level
- Make data-driven product decisions with A/B testing, metric optimization, and funnel analysis
- Work closely with UX to generate insights from qual and quant data about users and features
- Seek opportunities to provide support and advice to less experienced members of the team
Ideal Skills, Experience, and Competencies:
- At least five (5) years of experience in product management or an equivalent role
- Experience creating solutions that address user needs for data aggregation, reporting, analysis, visualization, modeling, and the underlying infrastructure needed to power data driven experiences
- Comfort with writing SQL queries
- Experience working with Python, R, or other languages used in data science a plus
- Detailed understanding of how APIs and cloud services work, and overall SDLC
- Scrupulous about value for the business; ability to understand and focus on what's most likely to bring ROI
- Excellent communication, organizational, and people skills
- Ability to work with considerable autonomy and minimal guidance, with a bias to action
- Proven ability to collaborate and problem-solve with diverse people in different parts of the organization
- Ability to vet the work, ask insightful questions, and have attention to detail
- Comfortable with ambiguity and can adapt to rapidly changing situations
- Data-driven by nature with the ability to make decisions where is none
- Track record of defining and delivering groups of enhancements that drive outcomes
- Keen design sense and strong empathy with our customers and vendors
Required Education & Certifications:
- B.A./B.S. in related field or equivalent work experience
- Qualified candidates can expect a salary beginning at $130,000 or more depending on experience
*Note: Compensation is benchmarked on local Denver Metro area market rates. Qualified candidates in other locations can expect a salary package that may be adjusted based off applicable cost of wages in their respective location.
At Pax8 we believe that your Total Rewards should include a benefits package that shows how much we value our greatest assets. All FTE Pax8 people enjoy the following benefits:
- Non-Commissioned Bonus Plans or Variable Commission
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employer Paid Short & Long Term Disability, Life and AD&D Insurance
- Flexible, Open Vacation
- Paid Sick Time Off
- Extended Leave for Life events
- RTD Eco Pass (For local Colorado Employees)
- Career Development Programs
- Stock Option Eligibility
- Employee-led Resource Groups
Pax8 is an EEOC Employer.