Senior Product Manager – CPaaS Pricing at IntelePeer
About the position
Intelepeer is seeking an experienced, data driven CPaaS Pricing Product Manager to join our growing Product team.
In this role you will be tasked with creating, optimizing and scaling our pricing strategy. You will be working closely with Engineering, other Product Managers, Sales leaders, Product Marketing and Procurement colleagues to ensure that all our standard pricing and plans are coherent, competitive and profitable.
This person has a passion for creating and leveraging leading-edge technologies to create complete customer solutions, thrives on getting out into the field to understand customer needs, test new ideas, and evangelize product vision.
As a key member of our product management team, the Product Manager brings hands-on success in technical product delivery and works collaboratively across the organization to help manage the Pricing strategy across Intelepeer’s CPaaS Product portfolio.
REPORTS TO: SVP, Product Management
- Work closely with Product Marketing to develop global & regional standard pricing strategies for CPaaS products.
- Conduct competitive research in support of requirements.
- Build, maintain, and communicate the product roadmap
- Building the suite of tools required to monitor, analyze and automate price changes
- Build and maintain discretionary pricing guidance allowing for sales self-service plus establish and track special pricing process/requests.
- Being the subject matter expert for internal pricing systems/models/tools
- Create and Monitor key product pricing metrics (KPIs): Analyzing portfolio, market, deal win/loss data and competitor landscape to maintain a strong commercial position
- Collaborating with engineering and product management colleagues to ensure the implementation accuracy of metering / rating / billing automations with regard to the pricing rules
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- MBA or Master’s degree in related field preferred
- Formal management and leadership training preferred
Expertise & experience
- Experience as a pricing analyst/specialist or analytical role related to pricing and product strategy.
- 5+ years managing complex B2B product pricing in a technology-driven SaaS environment, startup or telecommunications.
- 5+ years working with both usage-driven and subscription-based pricing models as well as bundling and packaging strategies.
- Working with a mix of standard and customized customer pricing plans supporting a B2B sales organization.
- Demonstrated track record of success: Driving product ideation, innovation, development, and launch using lean and/or agile product development methodologies. Meeting or beating targets and deadlines. Influencing and collaborating cross-functionally and at all levels of the organization. Establishing and managing internal and external customer expectations.
- Jira, Salesforce, Analytics tools – Looker (preferred), Tableau, Spreadsheet mastery.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Willing and able to accommodate infrequent travel
- Astute interpersonal relationship management
- Positive, professional attitude; confident, assertive, and tactful communicator
- Quality and customer-service driven to consistently delight customers
- Strong initiative, self-motivated, proactive, and resourceful
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Team player who is willing to go above and beyond to help others
- Strong presentation and persuasion skills
- Proficient in creating product and process documentation
- Solid understanding of business and financial statements