All roles at JumpCloud are Remote in the U.S. unless otherwise specified in the Job Description.
Do you enjoy solving challenging problems using the latest technologies within a great team? Is knowing your work will be highly visible and mission critical a key component for the next step in your career? At JumpCloud, we’re looking for best-in-class talent to help define the future of modern identity and device management from the ground up.
JumpCloud’s mission is to Make Work Happen®, providing simple, secure access to corporate technology resources from any device, or any location. The JumpCloud Directory Platform gives IT, security operations, and DevOps a single, cloud-based solution to control and manage employee identities, their devices, and apply conditional access controls based on Zero Trust principals. JumpCloud has a global user base of more than 100,000 organizations, with over 4,000 customers including Cars.com, Grab, ClassPass, Uplight, Beyond Finance and Foursquare. JumpCloud is backed by BlackRock, General Atlantic, OpenView, and Foundry Group.
About the Team
JumpCloud is the Directory Platform that consolidates the management of a remote workforce across complex IT environments. Our product team is building a directory that eliminates the mundane tasks from an IT admin’s workflow, and allows them to focus on making swift, smart decisions to actively manage the right access to all IT resources—including their device, networks, and applications—with ease and clarity. Our Cloud Directory aims to provide admins a single platform which intelligently orchestrates the entire user lifecycle across an extensive collection of endpoints.
What you’ll be doing
JumpCloud is looking for a Senior Product Manager to identify opportunities and significantly influence the directory roadmap and objectives. You will own one or more product capabilities and be responsible for the definition and development of new product to meet objective KPIs.
You are the product subject matter expert. You deeply understand your customer, their needs, the business landscape, product functionality (current and desired), and backend technologies (opportunities and limitations). You provide context and visibility into why the product is designed the way it is and convey the reasons behind prior decisions. You bring clarity to complexity, probe assumptions, illuminate pitfalls, and foster shared understanding. You stay abreast of relevant development and innovation occurring both inside and outside the company and use that knowledge to inspire big ideas. You drive strategic communications (e.g., decision narratives, investment proposals) internally and externally. You may design presentations and evangelize the product at industry events.
You are flexible, adapting your approach to meet the customer's needs, product, business, and technology platform. You work effectively with all types of customers, all kinds of teams, and all levels of leadership. You ask the hard questions (Q. Where do we need to invent? Should this product continue to exist?). You take smart risks and make it safe for design and technology teams to experiment. You can distinguish between one-way and two-way doors. You ensure gaps/opportunities within or between regions, architectures, and business organizations (e.g., services, workflows, tooling) are identified and mitigated. You provide all stakeholders are informed. You articulate (verbally and in writing) complex problems, tough trade-offs, and proposed product solutions to help everyone understand the decisions they have to make and what options they have. You show excellent judgment in driving executive-level escalations.
You align customers and teams towards coherent product features and strategies. You can make an investment case and demonstrate frugality by adeptly prioritizing the right initiatives to achieve the most significant impact with the least amount of resources. You propose, optimize, and drive the adoption of critical structures that ensure long-term product success (with or without your involvement). You create mechanisms that audit and report results (e.g., product analytics, PQL, VFAs, NRR, product performance/compliance, etc.). You prioritize efforts that solve endemic customer-facing problems and improve the overall product architecture, quality, testability, maintainability, and efficiency. The solutions you drive meet Jumpcloud's high standards for customer satisfaction. You visibly recognize success by giving credit to engineers, designers, managers, TPMs, and others who contribute. Positive or negative, you own the results.
You'll be responsible for...
- Understanding deeply our customers’ problems, business needs, and competitive marketplace to contribute meaningfully to the strategic roadmap with Group and Principal PMs.
- Collaborating closely with Principal PMs. Software Architects, UX, marketing and other cross functional teams, to deliver uniquely defined and validated product solutions which meet or exceed current and future needs of customers and markets.
- Clearly communicating the why and the what as outcomes and epics that empower cross functional teams to break down the work into clearly actionable user stories and execute efficiently and effectively.
- Ensuring cross functional teams in JumpCloud understand the value of each deliverable, so that it may be marketed, sold, and supported by customer focused teams.
- Defining and tracking product KPIs to clearly indicate what success looks like and when more needs to be done to drive and grow customer adoption.
We’re looking for:
- 7+ years of Product Management experience driving SaaS, Enterprise, or security products. 10+ years of increasing responsibility in related roles preferred.
- Aptitude or experience with Identity and Access Management (IAM) principles and protocols such as LDAP, SCIM, SAML, Attribute Driven Access, Identity Governance.
- Aptitude or experience with automating workflows and/or integrations.
- Hands on self starter with drive and demonstrated ability to execute and deliver product and achieve objectives in an innovative and fast paced environment.
- Experience with Agile processes
- Excellent communication skills across all mediums (visual, written, verbal) that inspire teams, simplify complex technical concepts, and bolster your decisions with focus and clarity.
- Track record of motivating and driving impact in a highly collaborative environment.
- Swift, high-quality decision making and prioritization, informed by customer and market data, but balanced with pragmatism and vision
- Passion to be successful in a high growth startup environment.
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, MBA, or industry experience is a plus.
In accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the approximate annual compensation range for this role is $140,000 to $200,000, including base salary and any related bonuses or commissions. JumpCloud provides comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, short and long term disability, life insurance and a 401k savings plan. We have an unlimited vacation policy.
Where you’ll be working
All our roles are remote in the U.S. unless otherwise specified. Our Headquarters is in the Denver/Boulder, CO area. Once we reopen our offices you will have the opportunity to remain fully remote (in the U.S.), work from one of our office locations (CO only currently) or flex your time.
If you thrive working in a fast, SaaS-based environment and you are passionate about solving challenging technical problems, we look forward to hearing from you! JumpCloud is an incredible place to share and grow your expertise! You’ll work with amazing talent across each department who are passionate about our mission. We’re out of the box thinkers, so your unique ideas and approaches for conceiving a product and/or feature will be welcome. You’ll have a voice in the organization as you work with a seasoned executive team, a supportive board and in a proven market that our customers are excited about.
Please submit your résumé and brief explanation about yourself and why you would be a good fit for JumpCloud. Please note JumpCloud is not accepting third party resumes at this time.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Read Full Job Description