Senior Director of Product Management at Guild Education
Guild is hiring for a Senior Director of Product Management to drive Guild's product efforts focusing on growing our marketplace.
Guild’s product teams improve technology to enable thousands of students to go to school affordably by connecting them to a dynamic learning marketplace. Guild is on a journey to streamline how we onboard, operate and support tens of thousands of students in their pursuit of education and upward mobility.
In this role, craft a shared vision for how Guild’s student experience should be comprehensive and seamless across product, coaching and marketing tools that students experience especially as our business scales 10x in the coming years. Develop a deep understanding of our products, operations, marketing complexities and the business use cases they enable. Play a key role in evolving our student experience to be more personalized and connected across the student channels. Be responsible for distilling sophisticated technical issues to their crucial elements and communicating those elements to non-technical audiences. Also develop and execute plans to connect coaching and notifications experiences to the product apps while anticipating any risks and client impacts.As the leader of B2B Products you will:
- Partner with our SVP of Product and senior leadership team to think big-picture and long-term about how our network will need to evolve in the coming years.
- Work with research, sales and go-to-market leaders, delivery teams and account managers to understand the market needs.
- Develop a product roadmap to meet the needs of product, engineering, and operations teams -- both internal and external -- that use Guild information to connect the marketplace.
- Handle the review and analysis of data between our academic partners and Guild systems to ensure accuracy and inform new product updates.
- Hire, lead and grow a team of Product Managers with a diverse group of backgrounds
- 12+ years of deep experience in product management or a similar function, with 5+ years of demonstrated ability leading product managers across a multi-product portfolio, developing and implementing technology systems and services
- Helped fast-growth businesses' transition from v1 to v2 of a product suite
- Demonstrated capability of developing and evangelizing a shared vision across the organization, with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Passionate about engaging with enterprise leaders outside of the company, partnering closely with internal Guild sales and account leadership
- Proven track record to handle sophisticated business problems across internal and external partners.
- A track record of working closely and effectively with engineering and partner teams
Guild is growing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
Guild is a female-led, Certified B Corporation - and with a valuation of $3.8 billion is one of the highest-valued, privately held education companies in the world, and the only one led by a woman. Guild's investors include Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners, chairman and former CEO of American Express, Emerson, LeadEdge Capital, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an expansive environment for all employees. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let your recruiter know. Additionally, we feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market driven, including a base salary range of $190,000 - $235,000 and bonus compensation eligibility, as well as company stock options.
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for the future
- We provide 3 weeks of vacation in the first year and an open vacation policy after year 1 to help recharge
- We provide 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, to take the time to heal and or recover
- We provide family-friendly benefits, including 14 weeks of parental leave, employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, and fertility care benefits.
- We provide well-rounded wellness benefits including access to free and low cost mental health resources and support services
- We offer education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth