Ibotta is seeking a Senior Decision Scientist to join our innovative team and contribute to our mission to Make Every Purchase Rewarding. This includes the building the next iterations of the app, mobile, web, and online payments, new features driven by algorithms, and expert analysis to help the Product teams make data-driven decisions to build a more engaging app experience.
As a Senior Decision Scientist, you will be responsible for using the latest developments in statistics, machine learning, and A/B testing methodologies to understand the business in-depth, support strategic options, build state-of-the-art tools, and improve our future product developments.
This position is located in Denver, Colorado or with the option of full-time remote. Candidates must live in the United States.
What you will be doing:
- Embrace and uphold Ibotta’s Core Values: Integrity, Boldness, Ownership, Teamwork, Transparency & Advocate for Savers
- Working cross-functionally with the Product team to analyze usage and uncovering key, actionable insights about Ibotta users behavior
- Designing and measuring controlled experiments to determine the potential impact of new approaches
- Understanding and reporting business performance in detail and identifying opportunities for improving the app experience
- Placing actionable data points and trends in context for leadership to understand actual performance and uncover opportunities
- Running statistical analysis and creating predictive models based on user purchases and behavior
- Building tools with embedded analytics/machine learning to automate insights
- Building automated altering and anomaly detection into data flow
- Ownership of multiple large projects end-to-end
- Communication of complex analytical concepts both in written and verbal form
What we are looking for:
- 4+ years of practical work experience in Analytics
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science/mathematics/statistics/data science or equivalent experience preferred
- In-depth experience using modern data analysis tools (such as R, Python, Presto, Hive, Spark, Airflow, GitHub etc)
- An understanding of the key concepts of consumer behavior
- Proven expertise with SQL, data wrangling, statistics, and analytical skills
- Ability to think creatively, provide thoughtful insights, and develop impactful automated reporting to management
- Ability to develop, automate, visualize, analyze, and communicate learnings to leadership
- Experience with effective communication of analytical outputs to stakeholders, including development of data summaries, visualizations and other storytelling methods
- Experience with A/B testing concepts required
- Ability to work collaboratively throughout the organization to drive towards common goals
- Loves learning, including keeping abreast of the latest advances in data science and machine learning
Built in Denver, CO, Ibotta ("I bought a...") is a free mobile shopping app that gives users cashback on groceries and more. Through our partnerships with brands and retailers like Procter & Gamble, Kraft Heinz, Kellogg, Amazon, Walmart, Target and Uber, we’ve delivered over $800 million in cumulative cash rewards to our Savers. Guided by our values and our mission to make every purchase rewarding, we come to work energized by the business problems we get to solve, the technology we get to build, and the people we get to innovate (and have fun) with. Ibotta made Inc.’s 2020 list of the 5000 fastest-growing private companies in the U.S. for the third consecutive year. In 2019, we became the first mobile consumer technology company in Colorado to achieve $1B in valuation.
To learn more about what our Tech teams are doing day to day, visit Building Ibotta on Medium.com.
- This position is located in Denver, CO and includes competitive pay, flexible time off, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), Lifestyle Spending Account, 401k match, profit sharing and equity.
- Base compensation range: $90,000 - $120,000
- Ibotta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Ibotta’s employment decisions are made without regard with race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- For the security of our employees and the business, all employees are responsible for the secure handling of data in accordance with our security policies, identifying and reporting phishing attempts, as well as reporting security incidents to the proper channels.