Senior Data Product Manager at Pie Insurance
| Greater Denver Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:16 a.m. (MST) on Wednesday, June 9, 2021
Pie Insurance is an insurtech company tackling meaningful problems. At Pie, we work with small businesses using technology and innovation to improve how they access insurance. Like our small business clients, we are a diverse team of builders, dreamers, and entrepreneurs. So, at the heart of every decision we make is the idea that if it doesn’t serve our clients, it doesn’t serve us.
Today, all Pie-oneers are working remotely and will continue to do so until it is safe to return to the office. As a remote team member, you will be expected to be available for meetings with team members in other time zones and have access to reliable, high-speed internet.
This role will work in our Denver office once our office re-opens. However, we are open to permanent remote work once our offices reopen with up to 20% travel to Denver.
How You’ll Do It
You will be responsible for prioritizing data projects that will drive valuable insights and operational efficiencies throughout the entire insurance policy life cycle at Pie. You will work directly with Data Engineering, Business Intelligence, Analytics, Underwriting , Finance & Accounting, and other groups throughout the business to unlock data from internal and external sources. You will have an eye for detail and will pay special attention to data quality, data definitions and reporting accuracy. In addition to unlocking value through data, you will be sure to keep your stakeholders informed and communicate early and often on project status and product performance of new initiatives. Lastly, you treat data as a product and will think of new and innovative ways that the data can be used by different departments throughout the organization to help us on our mission of making insurance easy as Pie!
Pie is an incredibly collaborative team with constant communication. You will work across teams and collaborate with stakeholders and team members. Great communication and coordination skills are key to your success.
- Work with Data Engineering to extract data into our data warehouse.
- Understand the impact of the data on the end user and the core concept of what that data is.
- Ensure data integrity by analyzing the data for accuracy.
- Review our current data models and provide feedback on how and where to improve.
- Receive all data requests; you will prioritize business requirements and work with Data Engineering to ensure it fits in their data sprints and roadmapping.
- Work with engineering leads on sprint planning, daily standup meetings, retrospectives, resource allocation, and project management against roadmap execution.
- Make sound trade-offs, define suitable success metrics, and use data-driven insights to guide further roadmap definition, scope, and feature prioritization.
- Develop detailed, crisp business requirements and user stories that can be used to create product specifications and informed architecture choices.
- Create a data dictionary to ensure continuity between Product, Engineering and stakeholders when they discuss data needs and requirements. Drive the data dictionary roadmap.
- Look at API documents and data dictionaries from third party vendors; talk to vendors to understand reporting field definitions and relay that information to the business so they can understand the data.
- Write crisp monthly updates for executive audiences (C-Level, VP) highlighting progress made, success metrics, next major milestones, and any major risks or roadblocks.
The Right Stuff
- A Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience, required
- Minimum of 8 years of product manager experience working specifically with data modeling, data extraction, and data cleaning required
- Some demonstrated knowledge of working with accounting data, highly preferred
- Proficiency and demonstrated skills with data modeling and data science, preferred
- Some experience launching machine learning + AI products, preferred
- Exposure to machine-learning model lifecycle; training, evaluation, serving, preferred
- Solid SQL/data wrangling skills, required
- Ability to tell stories via data-driven insights and visualization using tools, such as Looker
- Competitive salary
- A piece of the Pie (in the form of stock options)
- Comprehensive health plans
- Paid sick leave
- Future focused 401k match
- Our core values are more than just a poster on the wall; they’re tangibly reflected in our work and recognized with our monthly culture award.
- Generous parental leave
Our goal is to make all aspects of working with us as easy as Pie! That includes our offer process. When we have identified talent that is a good fit for Pie, we work hard to present an equitable and fair offer. We look at your knowledge, skills and experience that you bring, along with your compensation expectations and align that with our company equity processes to determine our offer ranges.
We value and want to support our team members, and are proud to offer a comprehensive compensation package which includes the following:
Compensation Range for position: $140,000-$180,000
Other Benefits: Each year Pie reviews Company performance and may grant discretionary bonuses to eligible team members.
Pie Insurance is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or other protected characteristic.
Pie Insurance participates in the E-Verify program. Please click here, here and here for more information.
Pie Insurance raises an additional $118M in funding
Pie Insurance Named a Top Colorado Company 2020
Pie is rated Excellent by our customers on Trustpilot
Check out our great reviews from current and former employees on Glassdoor
Pie raises an additional $127M in funding