Scrum Master at FIS
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Computer Science
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team:
You will be working with multiple agile scrum teams that are enhancing our payments solutions offerings for partners to improve the competitive position and grow merchant revenue with a direct to SMB Merchant proposition in North America.
What you will be doing:
You will be is responsible for product delivery and for the growth and success of the team. Your role
is to protect the team and keep it focused on the tasks at hand by clearing obstacles and outside distractions.
- Lead the scrum team in using Agile methodology and scrum practices.
- Practice core agile principles in collaboration, prioritization, and accountability.
- Support Product Owners by utilizing collaborative techniques and communication strategies for efficient backlog management.
- Facilitate sprint demos, planning sessions, and retrospectives; records and tracks items presented at retrospectives for future improvement.
- Facilitate cross-team communication to ensure Feature development meets deadlines and requirements.
- Address team dynamics and manage conflict resolution
- Coach team in self-organization and optimize the meetings in the scrum framework
- Help the scrum team achieve higher levels of scrum maturity by promoting continuous improvements.
- Report progress and roadblocks in a timely manner.
What you bring:
- 5+ years of experience with Scrum Master Certification
- Experience with SAFe Agile
- Servant Leadership
- Experience with successful Agile techniques
- Strong communication, interpersonal and mentoring skills
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment
- Self-motivation and ability to stay focused in the middle of distraction
- Knowledgeable in techniques to fill in gaps in the scrum
Added bonus if you have:
- Rally (project tracking tool)
- Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel (reporting tools)
- Restful APIs and Postman experience a plus
- Roadmap tools such as Aha are a plus
What we offer you:
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect
The posted salary range describes the minimum to maximum range for this job description in the state of Colorado. The salary range is posted in accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay For Equal Work Act. The salary range for this same position may be lower or higher in markets outside of Colorado. $66,740 - 108,790.
For Benefits information, click here:
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.