SAFe Program Consultant (SPC) - EMEA
Scaled Agile, Inc. is the provider of SAFe®, the world’s leading framework for enterprise agility. Through learning and certification, a global partner network, and a growing community of over 250,000 trained professionals, SAI helps enterprises build better systems, increase employee engagement, and improve business outcomes.
Based in Boulder, Colorado, SAI is a member of the Pledge 1% corporate philanthropy movement. Through this program, SAI contributes to the local community and seeks to inspire and encourage other companies to the same purpose.
We are seeking an experienced Lean-Agile Enterprise change agent that has a passion and knowledge around performing SAFe transformations. Preference will be given to practicing SAFe Program Consultants Trainer (SPCT) and SAFe Program Consultants (SPC) on the path to becoming (SPCT) with recent experience in supporting customers with their SAFe implementations.
Overview of Position:
As a SAFe Services and Training Professional, you’ll be sharing your knowledge and experience of a better way of working in the enterprise. You’ll be responsible for expanding SAFe awareness, as well as developing and launching SAFe Agile Release Trains. Responsibilities range from delivering SAFe training in the public and private sectors, onsite coaching and mentoring, and participating in speaking opportunities and events.
As someone who has been in the trenches of software development you’ll coach, guide and inspire through lean agile practices and principals. You’ll work with our sales team to craft engagements, be onsite doing hands on training and coaching, creating a community, and participating in imparting a different way of thinking that improves value.
You’ll be responsible for developing deeper relationships with partners and enterprise customers, giving them the tools, techniques and networks to create lasting change. Through this process you’ll document the successes and share stories during speaking engagements and case studies.
Scaled Agile is the provider of the Scaled Agile Framework. You will collaborate with thought leaders and be part of the evolution of SAFe.
What you’ll be doing:
- Demonstrating superior knowledge, competency, and in-depth field experience in adopting SAFe, and Lean-Agile practices in the enterprise
- Providing Service Delivery in the form of ART Launches, Leading SAFe and Value Stream Workshops, Product Manager/Product Owner Trainings, Inspect & Adapt Workshops, Portfolio Management Workshops, and Leadership Facilitation Sessions
- Pairing with, coach, and develop partner SPCs & SPCTs to boost their knowledge and skills
- Translating your professional courseware delivery experience into detailed feedback and continuous improvement to the Scaled Agile courseware
- Collaborating with your regional team for pre-sales activities, marketing and branding initiatives, and partner management
- Provide leadership at conferences and actively participate at events and meet-ups
- Utilize your effective stakeholder management aptitude to strengthen our community and provide value to our strong global instructor network
- With your SPC and/or SPCT Status, you’ll be running in-house and public SPC training classes
- As we further develop SAFe in EMEA the SPC will play a leading role in establishing the business relationships and capability in the region.
Skills and experience that are important for the role:
We are looking for lifelong learners and team contributors with humility and a passion for; authorship, sharing, fostering communities, a strong desire to collaborate and grow with others.
- 10+ years industry experience with 5+ years of system development, product management, or product owner experience
- 5+ years Agile experience
- Current SAFe Program Consultant (SPC) on the path to becoming SPCT
- Has personally lead 2 or more full SAFe ART Launches (including SAFe for Teams) and has experience delivering other SAFe training, including, Product Owner/Product Manager, SAFe Scrum Master, SAFe Advanced Scrum Master)
- Has lead 2 or more full Inspect & Adapt events in the enterprise
- Has taught at least 6 Leading SAFe courses in enterprise organizations within the past 12 months
- Presents reference-able positive feedback from enterprise clients
- Highly collaborative working style with experience in working in a fast-paced, highly effective and international team
- Excellent writing, teaching, presentation and communication skills
- This role will need highly tuned communication skills with team members, partners and customers being highly distributed
- Other certifications such as CST, CSM, CSPO, PMI-ACP, LKU, PSM, PMP a plus
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in business or technology.
Where you’ll be working:
- Work location - Flexible location with easy access to international airport in EMEA
- Ability to travel 30 – 70%
Why Scaled Agile?
We are a growing organization with a proven revenue model and a serious opportunity to be the global market leader in software and systems development knowledgeware.
This is a place for people who love technology environments, geek out on Methodologies and are always thinking about how things can be improved. If you’re looking for foosball, a kegerator or weekly free massages that’s not what we’re about.
We are a group of seasoned professionals and systems thinkers who are passionate about our mission of helping the biggest organizations in the world improve the way they produce software and creating real value. We're profitable, we're agile.
If you are looking for an opportunity to contribute to the direction and success of a vibrant business we'd love to hear from you. Please provide a resume, with a few thoughts on why you think you’d be a great fit. (We still read cover letters).