Product Strategist (Digital Strategy Team)
Product Strategists on the Digital Strategy team lead cross-functional teams in designing modern experiences that meet user needs and drive business value for Skookum’s clients. You possess a unique blend of problem solving skills, business acumen, big-picture vision, and drive to make visions reality. You are a doer with a bias towards action in ambiguous environments. You roll up your sleeves, dive into unknown solutions, and bring ideas to life. You believe that every problem is solvable and have an inherent optimism to embrace the possibility.
Product Strategists foster creativity, innovation, and customer engagement. You help clients redefine their customer experience by leveraging research, analytics, and industry-specific insights to visualize, design, and transform their client’s end-to-end digital strategy from within. You immerse yourself in your client's and their customer's world — stepping into their shoes, understanding their lives, and solving problems from their perspective. As a thought leader, you understand the power of disruptive technology and inspire your clients to think beyond the current landscape. You push the bounds of what is possible for clients and our company by creating ideas and delivering impactful solutions out into the world.
- Consult with Skookum’s clients to understand and convey strategic business objectives
- Engage in discovery and research of the customer’s digital journey across all touchpoints and interactions
- Evaluate end-users’ needs through interviews and ethnography
- Work with client’s analytics teams to conduct quantitative and qualitative analyses
- Translate business and user needs into user flows, feature maps, user stories, etc.
- Facilitate design-thinking workshops
- Develop omnichannel Journey Maps, Experience Maps, and Service Blueprints to create an understanding of customer experiences
- Partner with designers to create testable concepts to validate hypotheses and solve for high-impact opportunities or optimize existing experiences
- Collaborate with developers to determine feasibility of requirements and prioritize recommendations to facilitate decision-making
- Lead the project team to deliver solutions that meet business requirements and delight users
- Manage multiple projects from start to finish collaborating with internal and external stakeholders
Composition of Role:
The Product Strategist role at Skookum is tailored to the needs of our digital client services organization. The core functions of the role are a combination of client consulting, product management, and experience strategy. Below is a description of each function:
- Client Consultant - Primary point of the contact and trusted advisor to C-suite / CXO-level clients. Responsible for influencing and delivering the vision and business case of the solution to the client. Manage client communications and day-to-day interactions from project planning through execution.
- Product Manager - Inspire and lead a talented team of designers, developers, and other product strategists. Must be able to break down complex problems to identify project needs, communicate those needs to the internal team, and manage the execution of the project to ensure the solution is delivered.
- Experience Strategist - Partner with clients to evaluate digital solutions and improve customer experience strategies to drive value, reduce cost, and build competitive advantage. Must be able to collaborate with diverse clients to understand their end-to-end omnichannel experience and determine feasibility, requirements, and priority for design and development.
- 3+ years of relevant consulting, digital agency, or industry experience in user experience, digital strategy, or product management
- Understands and has knowledge in UX/UI best practices
- Experience leading and collaborating with cross-functional teams of designers and engineers
- Thorough understanding of project management principles, client relationship management, and software development methodologies
- Ability to quickly grasp and solve complex business problems
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including presentation and workshop facilitation skills
- Strong business acumen, technical aptitude, and executive voice
- Excellent planning and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and negotiate
- Quick learning and adapting to new projects with minimal supervision