Product Specialist - Air TV
Sling TV L.L.C. provides an over-the-top (internet delivered) television experience on TVs, tablets, gaming consoles, computers, smartphones, smart TVs and other streaming devices. Distributed across a variety of strategic device partners, including Google, Amazon, Apple TV, Microsoft, Roku, Samsung, LG, Comcast, and many others, Sling TV offers two primary domestic streaming services that collectively include more than 100 channels of top content. Featured programmers include Disney/ESPN, NBC, AMC, A&E, EPIX, NFL Network, NBA TV, NHL Networks, Pac-12 Networks, Hallmark, Viacom, and more. For Spanish-speaking customers, Sling Latino offers a suite of standalone and extra Spanish-programming packages tailored to the U S. Hispanic market. And for those seeking International content, Sling International currently provides more than 300 channels in 20 languages (available across multiple devices) to U.S. households.
Sling TV is the #1 Live TV Streaming Service Sling TV is a next-generation service that meets the entertainment needs of today’s contemporary viewers. Visit www.Sling.com. We are driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win – it’s in our DNA. We’re looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve to join our team as we embark on the next chapter of our story.
Opportunity is here. We are Sling.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
The product specialist for new video products will join the team overseeing the AirTV product line. The initial product (the AirTV Player) launched in January of 2017 and is a new and growing product set. The product specialist will assume a number of key product management responsibilities including, software development coordination, reporting and inventory / logistics coordination.
Job Activities and Requirements:
Coordinate Post-launch activities for AirTV Mini and AirTV
- Assist the Director of Advanced Video Products and the Product Manager in coordinating the ramp up and move to business as usual of the AirTV Product line.
- Specific duties may include software development coordination, logistics / inventory coordination and regular reporting.
- Develop and support regular weekly and monthly reports for specific KPIs
- Drive and coordinate engineering development activities through the scaled agile process
- Provide regular reporting on AirTV products sales and inventory levels
- May also include additional AirTV related duties as the product evolves and grows
Coordination / Product Evangelist
- The product specialist will serve as a key point of coordination between Dish Technologies, Sling Media, other Dish departments and vendors regarding the AirTV product line
- Manage software releases and bug fixes to continuously improve deployed products
- Promote the new product line and product advantages across a diverse audience both internal and external
- Support research into the existing product and recommend improvements an next steps
- Assist the team in identifying and defining new features for future development
- Asses the market to determine what customers will need next
- Create specific requirements documents for new features and products
- Ensure scaled agile process is managed to the advantage of the product line
- Assist Supply Chain and manufacturing to ensure product deliverability
Skills - Experience and Requirements
- BA or BS
- Experience in product development in technology, software or a related field
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to learn and synthesize details of a complex and highly specific industry segment
- Ability to communicate with senior level employees and drive consensus on direction and vendor selection
- Ability to perform well without direct day-to-day supervision
- Experience with Scaled Agile (SAFE) development processes and/or JIRA is a plus
- Experience with analytics via Tableau/Microsoft Excel a plus
- Up to 20% domestic US travel required