Cooler Screens was founded on the core idea that consumers deserve a far better experience than what is available today in bricks-and-mortar retail. We call this concept “CX” and it guides all that we do. We have begun the CX journey by bringing what consumers love about shopping on-line to the frozen and refrigerated food aisle.
Cooler Screens is re-imagining the business of brick-and-mortar retail for retailers and brands. We are transforming retail cooler surfaces into IoT enabled screens that deliver new marketing opportunities and smart merchandising for the ultimate shopper experience. Cooler Screens is building the world’s first and largest in-store digital media and edge computing platform at the retail point-of-sale.
Cooler Screens is powered by proprietary innovation and a global network of industry-leading partners. Global technology, CPG, and retail leaders have partnered with Cooler Screens to be part of this important and rapidly growing industry initiative. We are backed and led by some of the most prominent Silicon Valley and Chicago leaders, advisers, and investors.
As a Product Owner at Cooler Screens, you will provide a direct impact on building a new digital in-store shopper experience that enables new retail merchandising and brand advertising capabilities. You will work with engineering team members to drive software delivery while working closely with our product team to understand what needs to get built.
Who You Are:
- You’re experienced in the ways of an Agile Product Owner, and are very familiar with organizing work intake for a delivery team
- You’re an amazing communicator who can assure detailed and accurate inputs to creating a sprint backlog full of vetted user stories. You’re also comfortable with aggregating that information and tailoring it for executives as easily as for team members.
- You’re effective at partnering with a Product team to define detailed requirements and prioritize what needs to get done
- You’re an avid fan of technology and are constantly looking at how it can be applied to solve key business problems
What You’ll Do:
- Be part of a delivery team to build, groom, and maintain a sprint backlog based on dialogue with the Product team
- Define fully vetted user stories that are ready to be pulled from the backlog for work
- Prevent broken sprints and keep momentum flowing for delivery teams
- Help facilitate sprint activities to keep the team in a smooth delivery cadence
- Organize and communicate product delivery plans with business partners
What You Need to Succeed
- Killer collaboration skills – this is a servant leader position with a big impact on Cooler Screens’ success
- At least two (2) years of experience as a software delivery-focused Product Owner (or equivalent responsibilities) in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working with/as a Scrum Master is helpful, but not required
- Ability to organize work with Azure DevOps (ADO) Boards
- Succinct, effective communication skills through various channels (Microsoft Teams, Email, Conference Calls, Face-to-Face)
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and comfortable working in a fast-paced high-growth environment
- You have a growth mindset and are continually trying to learn with proactive qualities and self-directed actions
For the right candidate, we have a competitive compensation and ownership package with an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k), life insurance, paid time off, and many other perks. Come join our fast-growing team. You can be based in Chicago or possibly elsewhere.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, native origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status.