Product Owner at Uplight
Do you dream about creating a more sustainable future? At Uplight, we are motivating energy users and providers to accelerate the clean energy ecosystem. Working with over 80 of the world’s leading electric and gas utilities, Uplight provides an end-to-end customer energy experience. Uplight delivers personalized experiences that customers have now come to expect –improving satisfaction, increasing revenue, reducing the cost to serve, and contributing to carbon reduction goals. We are B Corp certified, enabling us to put our values into action by not only making decisions for the benefit of our shareholders, but also for our customers, environment, employees, and community.
We are seeking a Product Owner to join our team and help us achieve our ambitious goals for our business and the planet.
What you get to do:
The person who accepts this challenge will be a member of the Product Management team and will report to a Group Product Manager. He or she will have an immediate impact on Uplight’s development efforts, market position, and revenue. Responsibilities:
- Drives the sprint iterations
- Owns team backlog: Works internal and external stakeholders to triage and prioritize the backlog
- Contributes to the Vision and Roadmap
- Ensures Stories meet the acceptance criteria
- Helps decompose JIRA Epics into stories and prioritizes the team backlog
- Works closely withContributes to a cross-functional team (including Product Design and Implementation) to ensure product goals and deadlines and deliverables are met.
- Collaborates with other team members to ensure that cohesive solutions are built across Uplight’s platform.
- Maintains responsibility for collecting, filtering and disseminating requirements through the various touch points for specific product(s).
- Solid understanding of product capabilities, gaps, and short-term roadmap.
- Works collaboratively and is constructive when communicating and interacting with co-workers. A contributor who seeks solutions.
- Communicating and demonstrating the business outcomes associated with a product epic
Skills and experience are necessary, but we hire on value alignment first, so if you feel you would be a good fit with us, still consider applying.
What you will contribute:
- Full integration with 1-2 development pods, including planning and executing against a defined product strategy
- Product voice and pod advocacy to cross-functional team
- Involvement in all stages of product development from exploration to delivery – collaborating with highly skilled data scientists, engineers, designers, and others along the way.
What you bring to Uplight:
- Experience shipping great products for a leading consumer, SaaS, or enterprise software company
- Ability to write and express complex ideas clearly and succinctly
- Excellent analytical, teamwork, and communication skills
- Ability to drive initiatives and ideas
- Experience with Agile and/or Scrum development
- Proficiency with JIRA
- A strong work ethic
- Ability to be decisive and operate in a fast-paced environment
- Engaging and personable
- Entrepreneurial, business-focused mindset
- An online slide deck showcasing a product/feature of which you are particularly proud and the process used to launch it
- SaaS experience
- Utility or Energy industry experience
- Certified Scrum Product Owner
What makes working at Uplight amazing:
In addition to all the standard medical and dental benefits, that kick in Day 1, we:
- Are proud to be over 300+ rebels with an important cause by helping to create a more sustainable planet.
- Are committed to the environment, our employees, and our communities.
- Are focused on career growth by following defined career ladders
- Take our work and mission seriously and….we love to laugh!
- Provide a 401k Match
- Have an innovative flexible time off policy
- Keep you energized with plenty of food and drink
Uplight provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.