Product Owner at IHS Markit Digital
IHS MARKIT DIGITAL | GREATER BOULDER AREA
Who is Markit Digital
Markit Digital is dedicated to the delivery and presentation of financial data, transforming complex information into elegant user experiences. As a leading Software as a Service (SaaS) provider in the financial services industry, our innovative visualizations are the standard for interpreting, manipulating and displaying financial information.
What you'll do at Markit Digital
The Product Owner develops and communicates the product’s vision to be fulfilled by their agile team. The PO is the team's key stakeholder who serves as proxy for the customer - both internal and external. The Product Owner represents the voice of stakeholders by maintaining and prioritizing a product backlog to ensure that development teams are working on stories that maximize business value and meet defined success criteria. The ideal candidate will be one with prior experience as a product owner, who is able to build strong relationships with our clients, can communicate clear and actionable requirements, has a solid financial background, and demonstrates true passion for the role.
How you'll do it at Markit Digital
- Collaborate with stakeholders (clients, business partners, development teams) to ensure goals are clear and aligned to business objectives
- Provide vision and serve as a champion of customer perspectives to the scrum team
- Translate business and technical requirements into clear user stories for scrum teams to implement
- Plan, prioritize, and maintain a healthy product backlog that delivers maximum value for the customer while adhering to company strategy
- Participate in the scrum ceremonies, evaluate project/product progress, and communicate status & risks appropriately
- Drive project/product success by delivering client satisfaction by the deadline within the allocated budget
What we're looking for
- Minimum 2 years' experience in Scrum and Agile
- Minimum 2 years Product Owner experience working in SAAS environment
- Proven problem-solving and analytic skills
- Thorough understanding of how to interpret business and technical needs and translate them into themes, epics and user stories
- In-depth understanding of Agile process and principles
- Outstanding communication, presentation, leadership, and relationship building skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Experience in the Financial, Software, and/or Digital sectors strongly preferred
- Strong attention to detail
Where we're going
We rely on a combination of ingenuity and initiative to search for deeper sources of information. The solutions and products we provide give our customers a richer view of their world and the insights they need to make smarter decisions.
We cause an effect on the industries and markets driving the worldwide economy – for leaders in business, finance and governments. As we address today’s most critical business challenges, the positive impacts we are making will be felt for generations to come.
* This role is not eligible for relocation assistance or visa sponsorship at this time.
It is the policy of IHS Markit to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, IHS Markit will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. We maintain a drug-free workplace. For candidates in the US, we are a participant in E-Verify (see link below).
IHS Markit is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website to apply to a position, please contact [email protected] or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only.
We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.