StarRez is renowned for impacting millions of students' lives every year with industry leading software. We have a global customer base of over 650 major institutions, supported by a global team. The platform manages more than 1.2 million beds globally. Many of the most prestigious Universities, Colleges and Property Managers across the globe rely on StarRez to transform the student residential experience.
Due to continued growth, we are looking for a Product Owner to join our Product team in our Denver, Colorado office. Our Product team strive to ensure the best possible product outcomes for both our customers and business. As a product owner you are responsible for developing and articulating a clear vision, direction and road map for your product team.
Inspire and motivate your product team through vision, collaboration and expertise. Act as an ambassador for the product internally and externally. Build and frequently call upon a network of external customer and internal contacts for insights, feedback and validation of product concepts and decisions.
- Develop and articulate a clear vision, direction and road map for your product team.
- Assess value, develop use cases, and prioritize stories and themes to ensure the work focuses on maximizing value and alignment with company strategy.
- Establish clear definition and focus on the problems that your team will be solving through product.
- Be the go-to resource for knowledge relating to customers, the product, and the industry
- Understand when a problem is solved and how to measure success
- Use data and technology to support product decisions
- Provide ownership and management of the product backlog
- Confidently explain reasoning for product direction to all levels of stakeholders
- Proactively keep informed with industry/technology trends and competitor offerings
- Maximize the value that your product brings to both customers and the business
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Superior communication skills
- Ability to navigate and thrive within ambiguous situations
- Utilize critical thinking skills to analyze information and provide solutions
- Provide specific, consistent expectations and timely follow up
- Effectively partner with colleagues and customers
- Ability to self-manage and contribute as a member of both local and global teams
- Ability to stay motivated in a fast paced, high pressure environment
- Strong research and problem-solving skills
- Prioritization - manage multiple projects and scheduling tasks efficiently
- Adaptability – be resilient to changing priorities
- Other duties as assigned
- 2 to 5 years demonstrated Product Owner/Manager experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Associates degree in a related field plus 5 to 7 years relevant professional experience acceptable
- Previous experience working in Agile environments
- CSM and/or CSPO certifications helpful but not required
- Higher Ed experience a plus
Travel Requirements: Domestic travel will be required for this position (with reasonable notice provided). Limited International travel is also a possibility.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Work Environment: This position operates in a professional office environment
Physical Demands: Sedentary work involving sitting most of the time.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
At StarRez, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 150 employees in multiple countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. StarRez is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.