Small business makes the world go round – it's the heart of the global economy. At Xero we want millions of small businesses to thrive through beautiful software, advice and connections. We aim to make being a small business more efficient and profitable, and more enjoyable too.
How you'll make an impact
As a Product Owner you will be working with a talented development team and responsible for executing on our product vision and roadmap by creating and delivering innovative solutions that solve real world customer problems.
What you'll do
Overview of Key Responsibilities:
- Own the delivery of the roadmap, product planning, and requirements for new features and improvements.
- Develop business requirements and product specifications as required.
- Lead a team of indirect reports during the course of projects to drive delivery.
- Work closely with development to define milestones and ensure on-time and in-scope delivery.
- Work with stakeholders to translate market requirements into executable user stories and designs.
- Manage prioritization and trade-offs among conflicting business priorities .
- Champion for the customer by collaborating with the design team to develop user stories, wireframes, and workflows that solve problems for our customers.
- Effectively communicate to and lead a broad range of people at multiple levels within the organization .
- Work with a range of stakeholders to ensure market fit for the product.
- Collaborate with product marketing and other key groups to ensure release readiness.
- Understand the wider landscape of products at Xero in order to identify and plan for dependencies with other product teams.
- Work with third party parties to understand their roadmap and how this will affect our roadmap .
What you'll bring with you
- Minimum 2+ years experience working in a product focused software company.
- Strong Agile Scrum development methodology experience
- Experience managing product backlogs in an Agile / Scrum development environment
- Experience negotiating feature tradeoffs with technical and business resources
- Experience working with a Scrum team to define user stories and acceptance criteria
- Strong user experience thinking, always putting the customer first
- Excellent verbal communication, analytical skill and critical thinking
Xero is an Equal Opportunity Employer.