Hotel Engine is growing rapidly & continuing to drive product innovation. With high demand from clients on new features, we’re expanding our product team by adding a product owner responsible for helping define the product roadmap, communicate with key external and internal stakeholders, and increase efficiency by building sound requirements on Epics, Features & User Stories for multiple development teams.
- Product owner overseeing 1-2 development teams for Hotel Engine (http://www.hotelengine.com/), the hotel booking platform built for businesses.
- Evolve Agile/Kanban process to create better communication across the company and enable efficient, fast delivery
- Maintain a living product roadmap and product update portal that cultivates a culture of constant communication with leadership team, internal stakeholders, and technology team
- Advocate for customers’ needs and studiously gather feedback and ideas for website and app improvements
- Create functional and technical requirements for the development team to articulate customer needs through epics, features, and user stories
- Gather business intelligence data to help make data-driven roadmap decisions
- Support sales team and deliver product demos that communicate product value proposition, and features and benefits
- Participate in and lead various aspects of the product development process including daily stand-ups, requirements gathering, user acceptance testing, demoing product, and whatever needs to be done to ensure successful deployment
- 3+ years’ experience with product management, ideally in Agile practices such as Kanban and Scrum
- Solid understanding of how web applications work and current technologies. You do not need a coding background, but you should understand how the pieces fit together.
- Proven track record of driving the product development process from beginning to end which includes user story definition, grooming, commitment, and delivery
- Exceptional project management skills and able to manage multiple projects in parallel
- Strong interpersonal skills that bridge business needs and development process
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written, to drive the entire team to success
- Thrive in situations where one must efficiently make sense of chaos
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance in a rapidly changing environment
- Strong facilitation skills, tenacious and strong-willed in your approach to drive alignment, focused on business results
Required Education & Experience:
- 3+ years as a Product Owner, Product Manager or similar role
- Previous experience with software or IT projects
- Ability to thrive in a start-up, fast-paced, ever-evolving environment