Travelers Haven seeks an experienced software Product Owner to join our product and technology teams. Our technology team is focused on continuous delivery of quality product. We have ambitious goals for 2018 and beyond, and you will play a critical and visible role in our success. Our newly formed product team is focused on evolving road map management, stakeholder communication, and designing processes to increase velocity. This is a new role, reporting to the VP Product but working directly with our technology team and many stakeholders across every department.
Remote candidates are encouraged to apply if they can commit to being in Denver within four weeks after receiving an offer.
Primary product ownership and management for Travelers Haven (https://www.travelershaven.com), a B2B website, offering full-service housing solutions that manage the entire short-term corporate housing process.
Maintain a living product roadmap and cultivate a culture of constant communication with internal stakeholders and development team.
Intake stakeholder feedback and product requests and manage their expectations by keeping them apprised of product roadmap status.
Participate in and lead various aspects of the product development process including daily stand-ups, requirements gathering, user acceptance testing, demoing product, and whatever needs to be done to ensure successful deployment.
Assess risk and identify critical paths that could impact product success.
How We Work:
- We use the Kanban framework to organize our work, but also do daily standups and biweekly retrospectives.
- We ship code daily to our production, staging, and continuous integration environments. Test results, deployments, and production monitoring alerts are posted to Slack.
- We do our best to exercise personal responsibility, do what we say, and follow our working agreement.
- Excellent soft skills!
- Strong written and verbal communication, including presentation to audiences with varying degrees of technical knowledge.
- 5+ years of professional software product owner or product management experience.
- 4+ years of experience working within Agile teams. Kanban experience strongly preferred.
- Solid understanding of how web applications work and current technologies. You do not need a coding background, but you should understand how the pieces fit together.
- PMP or PMI-ACP certification preferred.