Product Owner - Tokenization at FIS
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Travel Percentage :
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team:
The global product security division of Worldpay is on a mission to Influence security standards that shape the future of payments. We help change the way customers use payment security through best in class technologies and tools built right. We are authentic in our quest for building and deploying security products to reduce our customer’s risk. Have a rich understanding of risk and payment security technologies designed to reduce organizational risk who understand the complexities with implementing innovation and emerging secure technologies.
We educate and influence data security standards and bodies, inspiring customers that protecting their environment from payment theft doesn’t have to confusing through continuous engagement to build the most comprehensive security technologies designed to reduce payment theft.
We recognize that our contribution means we are individually responsible for the success and growth of the product for the org.
What you will be doing:
In this role you will be working on one of the most important initiatives within the organization through its transformation journey. As a Product Owner for you will be an internal and external champion driving the creation of products that provide top and bottom line benefits to many of the largest customers globally.
You will be working within the Product Security team, which is focused on building and maintaining best-in-class data security products, capabilities and services to support our global business customers’ needs.
Product Owner is a member of the Agile team who serves as the customer proxy responsible for working with Product Managers and other stakeholders, including other Product Owners, to define and prioritize user stories in the team backlog. The PO has a significant role in quality control and is responsible for accepting stories as done while ensuring conceptual and technical integrity of the Features are maintained
- PO is heavily involved with Product Management in program backlog refinement and preparation for product increment/release planning
- PO will own the prioritized backlog – maintained in Jira in collaboration with stakeholders to ensure the backlog is decomposed with an appropriate level of granularity so that the consuming Engineering teams are work efficiently
- By partnering with System Architect/Engineering and other stakeholders, the PO has the primary responsibility for building, editing, and maintaining the team backlog.
- Reviews and reprioritizes the backlog as part of the prep work for Iteration/Release Planning, including coordination of dependencies with other Product Owners and stakeholders
- Collaborate with their team to define the product requirements, elaborate details of user stories with acceptance criteria and acceptance tests.
- Validation that user stories meet acceptance criteria and have the appropriate, persistent acceptance tests. The PO also assures a level of quality, focusing primarily on fitness for use.
- Collaborate with System Architect/Engineering to assist with decision-making and sequencing of the critical non-functional requirements (NFRs) as well as technical debt user stories.
What you bring:
- Provide the internal voice of the customer for the team and work with Product Managers, Customers (as well as other Product Owners) and internal stakeholders to constantly understand and communicate their needs and participate in the validation of the delivered Features
- Serve an essential role in the team demo, reviewing and accepting stories. Additionally, POs participate in the Iteration/Release Retrospective, where the teams gather to improve their processes and are active in the Agile ceremonies/Agile Release Train’s (ART’s) Inspect and Adapt (I&A) workshop (or similar).
What we offer you:
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.