Product Owner, Student Experience at Guild Education
Guild is hiring a Product Owner, Student Experience to play a key role in accelerating the growth of our student experience products while enabling onboarding and maintenance for our employer and academic partners. In particular, this role will coordinate with various stakeholders, including technical program managers, engineers and product managers to define and prioritize work for our Admissions team.
In this role, you’ll be responsible for setting, prioritizing, and accepting the work generated by the team in order to ensure the most valuable and proper functionality of the product, enabling seamless student experiences as we scale our products to meet the needs of a growing and evolving student population.
As a Product Owner you will:
- Report to the Director of Product, while working very closely with the Admissions Product Manager to determine priorities for the Admissions team, including balancing work to enable new partner launches with feature development work
- Translate the strategy set by the product manager into detailed requirements and make tactical decisions that support the strategic intent, including fielding one off requests from stakeholders and prioritizing bug fixes to support the overarching product vision
- Define stories and prioritize the backlog to streamline the execution of partner priorities while maintaining the conceptual and technical integrity of the features or components for the team
- Answer questions from engineers and clarify requirements, including playing an active role in backlog grooming to break down and estimate stories
- Lead operational delivery for your product, including working with student experience operations and account management to ensure a smooth launch process with collaboration throughout and consistent communication of dependencies or impacts well ahead of launch
- Partner closely with Technical Program Management, Account Management, and Marketplace Delivery organizations to ensure timely and effective launches of new partners and maintenance of current partners
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- 2+ years of total experience in technical project or program management, product ownership, or product operations preferably in dynamic cross-functional organizations where high-touch, long-term relationships were essential to the business’ success
- High attention to detail; ability to manage high-level process planning and execution down to the small details
- Existing experience with, or a passion for, learning how technology, operations and partnerships should partner together to deliver outcomes
- Excitement to learn how to develop strong relationships, inspire confidence, and communicate effectively while under pressure - balancing confidence, humility, and diplomacy
- A structured, analytical, systems and process-oriented mindset. You can simplify and present complex problems and issues in an easy-to-understand manner, review existing products & process, identify gaps and opportunities, and provide recommendations for improvements
- Ability to review and analyze customer data to increase partner satisfaction and expedite downstream processes
- Preference for working in a low-ego, constructive, collaborative team
- Passion for our mission of pioneering “education as a benefit.”
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
We also just became the latest female-led company to hit a $1billion valuation and the only B-corp with those qualifications. Our Series D round was led by Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners chairman and former CEO of AMEX, and joined by Emerson Collective, LeadEdge Capital, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.