Product Owner, SSO at Alteryx, Inc.
We’re looking for problem solvers, innovators, and dreamers who are searching for anything but business as usual. Like us, you’re a high performer who’s an expert at your craft, constantly challenging the status quo. You value inclusivity and want to join a culture that empowers you to show up as your authentic self. You know that success hinges on commitment, that our differences make us stronger, and that the finish line is always sweeter when the whole team crosses together.
Alteryx is searching for an Product Owner, SSO based in our Broomfield, CO office. This position is remote-friendly.
A Product Owner in the Alteryx IT team is directly responsible for defining vision and building roadmaps around a specific product or service area within the IT product catalog. This person will work directly with internal stakeholders from across the enterprise to follow through on the execution and delivery of new capabilities and enhancements to existing products and services. The Product Owner role also has additional lead responsibilities for various aspects of the product roadmap, feature delivery, and stakeholder engagement opportunities. You will help drive the strategy and execution for our identity management and SSO platform that serves internal customers, external customers, and our next generation of Alteryx products. A successful Product Owner is highly collaborative, technical, and is obsessed with customer delight.
- Leverages exemplary domain expertise to effortlessly ramp up on new technologies.
- Understands all aspects of the product/service area and has an understanding of other capabilities and how they relate to the overall portfolio goals.
- Works closely with IT leadership and functional leaders on how product area strategy impacts entire portfolio/platform and IT technical strategy.
- Develop and implement standards for operational excellence and governance.
- Zealously promotes our 'Customer Centric' approach: 'working to be a part of our customer’s solutions.
- Identifies ways for team to improve best practices and helps put changes into practice.
- Drives issues forward with little guidance.
- Considers long term vision by developing solutions that anticipate and enable Alteryx IT to address current and future needs.
- Works with stakeholders to analyze business strategy, functional priorities, and business value to determine the right features to add to the backlog and overall feature prioritization.
- Works closely with stakeholders to develop the roadmap and strategy around the product/service area.
- Manages multiple projects and tasks simultaneously while meeting and maintaining reasonable timelines.
- Is responsible for decisions and deliverables that may impact multiple major features and technical teams.
- Works with in-house dev, infrastructure, and application teams across the enterprise.
- Manages and/or influence features and initiatives across multiple teams ensuring buy-in, timeliness, and success.
- Manages feature and function requirements and design documents, collaborating with functional stakeholders, in-house dev, infrastructure, application teams and other members of the IT organization to deliver Business Requirements Documents and feature specifications.
- Monitors and manages successful delivery of features defined in the product roadmap with respective teams throughout the development life cycle; works to identify risks and remove impediments; discovers opportunities for improvement and keeps senior management and others informed.
- Provide input and direction for project assignment (work breakdown) and delivery.
- Demonstrate critical thinking and growth mindset, enthusiastic about learning new technologies quickly and applying the gained knowledge to address business problems.
- Models best practices in their work, including decisions and efforts that reduce technical debt.
- Communicates directly with stakeholders for feedback, discovery sessions, troubleshooting, and assistance.
- Reinforces outcome-based thinking.
- Communicates enterprise wide with others in an open, honest and respectful way. Leads by example.
- 5+ years of project/product management experience in technical organizations.
- Demonstrated success defining and delivering IT product and or services.
- Technical background; strong experience with IDP and SSO platforms/products. Experience with SaaS based ERP, CRM, HCM, or other enterprise platforms desired.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Project management skills; problem-solving skills; strategic thinking and business acumen.
- Effective documentation skills with ability to articulate technical information.
- Excellent teamwork skills, ability to manage, interpret, and influence cross-functional teams.
- Familiarity with ServiceNow ITSM platform.
- Experience with agile methodologies and development.
Alteryx is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. The salary range for this role in Broomfield, CO is $101,700- $172,900.00.This position is also remote-friendly and, as such, compensation will ultimately be in line with the location in which the position is filled. Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as a candidate’s relevant work experience, skills, certifications, and geographic location.
- This role is eligible for variable compensation including bonus and stock grants.
Find yourself checking a lot of these boxes but doubting whether you should apply? At Alteryx, we support a growth mindset for our associates through all stages of their careers. If you meet some of the requirements and you share our values, we encourage you to apply. As part of our ongoing commitment to a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace, we’re invested in building teams with a wide variety of backgrounds, identities, and experiences.
Benefits & Perks:
Alteryx has amazing benefits for all Associates which can be viewed here.