Product Owner - SaaS Applications
Greater Boulder Area
Of all the transformations we’ve seen, one critical piece in the IT stack has remained largely untouched in 25 years: The directory. It is the epicenter of an IT network providing the most critical service for an employee: authentication and authorization to their resources. The world has changed dramatically in those 25 years, with the rise of heterogeneous operating systems on users’ machines, the rise of remote offices and no-office businesses, wifi and VPN accessed networks, and far more. How can you build a solid and secure environment in this world, with that type of heterogeneity, quickly and with limited cost/time to maintain?
This is what JumpCloud has solved.
JumpCloud’s Directory-as-a Service (www.jumpcloud.com) has disrupted this mainstream way of thinking and has gone global helping companies large and small achieve this reality, providing an independant, cloud-based directory. We have made it possible for IT organizations to finally separate from the one element that has helped them stay grounded from the cloud: Active Directory. We have become the world’s alternative to Microsoft for this critical piece, and it is an incredible place to be at an incredible time in our industry.
As a Product Owner on this team you will:
- Be known for your approachable nature
- Participate in day-to-day ownership of backlog management and prioritization of the features under your management
- Be capable of clearly communicating your team’s work in progress and the priority of your frequently changing backlog at any time
- Lead the scoping and creation of your backlog by communicating and driving what your customers need through our agile process.
- Help plan and execute a balance of tactical work such as specifications, DoDs (definition of done), milestones and use case development for engineering to execute against
You will work with:
- Engineering and Success teams to understand, define, prioritize, communicate and resolve customer issues
- Customers directly to understand their pains and their vision of success, while ensuring they are educated and excited about the work you are doing for them
- Sales and Account Managers so that they understand the status of specific issues relating to their customers
- Your fellow Product Owners to collaborate on prioritization and cross functional execution of customer issues
- QA to devise test plans and ensure we ship the highest quality products
- The JumpCloud Leadership Team to ensure your team’s work follows the broader company objectives and our core values
In order to be successful in this role, we would love for the candidate to have:
- BA/BS in computer science or related industry experience
- A passion for customer satisfaction
- Minimum of 3 years experience as a Product Owner contributing in a very hands-on way
- Prior experience managing a sustaining engineering backlog
- High degree of technical competency to effectively collaborate with engineering teams
- High degree of customer empathy to effectively work with our Customers, Customer Success Team and other internal stakeholders
- Experience with IT-related technologies such as Windows, Mac, Linux, directory services, LDAP, RADIUS, SAML or similar complex products
- Proven experience working in agile development methodologies, making sure user stories and acceptance criteria are captured correctly.
- Passion for our product, for our customers, for our market and the possibilities of shaping the future for our customers benefit
As a JumpCloud Product Owner, you possess:
- Empathy and humility - for all with whom you communicate and interact every day - fellow employees, customers and partners
- Passion for your work! It matters to each and every customer you want to solve problems for
- Precision and highly-evolved organizational skills in management and synthesis of large sets of information - feature backlogs, user data, support ticket information, etc.
- Solid understanding of the product manager/owner process and proficiency with acting as ‘product owner’ in the Agile process
- Respectable knowledge of dev tools and practices
- Persuasive, personable presentation skills
Where you’ll be working
Our corporate headquarters in downtown Boulder, right next to the Boulder Theater.
You’ll have a voice in the organization, with a seasoned executive team, a supportive board and a proven market that our customers are excited about. We have a world-class product management and ownership team who are executing on an opportunity that occurs once in a decade.
JumpCloud is an incredible place to share and grow your expertise! You’ll work with amazing talent across each department who are passionate about our mission. We’re out of the box thinkers, so your unique ideas and approaches as a product owner will be welcome.
Please submit your résumé and brief explanation about yourself and why you would be a good fit for JumpCloud and serving our great customer base.
Read Full Job Description