Product Owner - Managed Accounts / Investments at FIS
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
FIS empowers small to large retirement plan providers around the globe with a comprehensive, integrated suite of retirement solutions. Our industry-leading offering includes an extensive selection of technology and services. From record keeping technology and plan administration and compliance solutions, to financial wellness that supports all aspects of retirement services business and positions our clients for future growth. We are looking for a talented resource, who is comfortable working multiple appropriately prioritized issues and/or projects at a time. One who desires to be a part of this global dynamic retirement technology team where they will grow personally, technically, and professionally.
What you will be doing
You will be a product owner of a large agile squad that is supporting Advisor Managed Account offering in the retirement space. Working in close partnership with T. Rowe Price and Morningstar. Team will also focus on the retirement experience as participants need investment solutions as they going into retirement. Business role working in close partnership with technology team.
- Product Vision & Strategy Development - Develops and maintains a clear vision for the product or product family including technology, competitive, and internal strategic perspectives. Leverages quantitative and qualitative research to establish and communicate the product and product family vision as well as the overall design and delivery strategy.
- Achieves Business Results - Through leadership of a cross-functional team including, marketing, technology, and design associates, ensures products meet and/or exceed standards for business performance, client satisfaction, compliance and operational efficiency by closely monitoring, analyzing and interpreting the metrics to assess the performance of products against KPIs (such as sales, new accounts, lead and referral generation, etc.). Develops and implements strategies and tactics to meet the desired business objectives.
- Product Backlog Ownership & Implementation - Sets ambitious and clear product vision and communicates 'the story' effectively to key stakeholders and the agile team. The Product Owner ensures a customer-driven design, while using market and industry knowledge to deliver a well-positioned product. The Product Owner sets the direction for the product and prioritizes what will be included in the business case and each release.
- Participates in Sprint & Delivery Activities - Acts as primary source for User Story detail and priorities for the team. Responsible for accepting the final iteration plan. The Product Owner is the only team member who can accept Stories into the baseline. Participates in all Sprint ceremonies including planning, daily Stand-ups, Sprint Demos, and Retrospectives. Responsible for validating all User Stories meeting the acceptance criteria and "definition of done" for the team.
- Demonstrates leadership by establishing and articulating a clear vision of success and how goals and objectives will be achieved.
- Understands technical and functional concepts of FIS products including the interrelationships between products and technologies that support products.
- Interacts directly with clients at a senior/executive management level, managing problem escalation and providing sales support.
- Remains abreast of industry trends and technology standards.
What you bring:
- Bachelor's degree in business, management information systems or computer science or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
- Typically requires ten plus years of experience in a leadership role.
- Requires strong organizational, team building, coaching and mentoring skills
- Requires general business skills, industry knowledge, financial management and planning skills, long-term vision and executive presence
- Ability to identify, address and resolve employee related issues
- Ability to utilize judgment in decision making process and decisions related to job tasks
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Excellent skills in communicating ideas both verbally and in written form in a clear, concise and professional manner including presentations
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management in an organized, professional manner
- Skill in productivity, planning and workload management
Added bonus if you have:
- Advanced Certified Scrum Product Owner (A-CSPO)
- Experience in the investment management/financial services industry
- A passion for innovation
- Experience leading teams and managing external vendors and agency relationships
- Ability to collaborate and negotiate with internal and external stakeholders
What we offer you
- A competitive salary and benefits
- A variety of career development tools, resources and opportunities
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- Time to support charities and give back in your community
Notice to all US applicants: All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Individuals with a disability (including a medical condition) or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.