Product Owner - Contract - Permanent Remote at Xero
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
How you'll make an impact:
As a Product Owner you will be working with a talented development team and responsible for executing on our product vision and roadmap by creating and delivering innovative solutions that solve real world customer problems.
What you'll do:
- You'll work with customers, product managers, designers, development teams and other stakeholders to form a deep understanding of customer problems and potential solutions.
- You'll use your prioritization skills to make the right call on what needs to be addressed when and how value can be delivered as early as possible.
- You'll use your great research, analysis and decision-making skills to capture a wide range of enhancements and bug fixes and convert them into an achievable roadmap
- You'll lead a team of peers during the course of development to define milestones and ensure on-time and in-scope delivery
- You'll ensure development teams are clear about why features are prioritized and that they are motivated to build beautiful products for Xero's customers.
- You'll be a champion for the customer by collaborating with the design team to develop user stories, wireframes, and workflows that solve real problems for our customers.
- You'll work closely with the Product Manager to ensure alignment with the global Xero roadmap.
- You'll engage regularly with other teams from the wider business, such as support, marketing, training and sales, who help bring your solution to market.
Success Looks like:
- New features, enhancements and fixes are rolled to production regularly.
- A balance of attention is given to maintenance and technical debt as to new features, ensuring that as few bugs/issues as possible emerge.
- Features and improvements are in line with Xero's overall strategy
- Features and improvements meet customer needs and are decomposed into appropriately sized backlog items
- Dependencies on other teams are identified and managed
- Stakeholders are updated appropriately on progress, scope and releases
- The pod is clear on their goals and there is enough work defined for them to be fully utilised
- Development team
- Other product development teams
- Content team
- Design team
- Marketing team
- Security team
- Platform Services team
What you'll bring with you:
- Critical competencies
- Ability to break down complex problems
- Handle changing priorities
- Love for building quality software that delights customers
- Build effective relationships across the business
- Authenticity, diplomacy and drive
- Ownership and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Roadmap visualization
- Previous experience in software delivery (2+ years)
- Communication, relationship building and stakeholder management
- A solid track record of addressing customer needs through the use of technology
- Experience working with a Scrum team to define user stories and acceptance criteria
- Experience with accounting a bonus
Xero celebrates diversity. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment where our employees can do the best work of their lives. We are committed to transparency and to equal pay for equal work. Total compensation for this role includes a base salary of $130,000 - 140,000 (Pro-rated to the duration of the contract), commensurate with experience.
Xero offers access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (in CA & CO only)
Xero will match 100% on the first 3% of 401k contributions plus 50% match on next 2% of contributions
Employees enjoy 21 days of paid time off per year
Employees also have 10 days of wellbeing leave to care for their minds, bodies, and families
US employees enjoy 11 paid holidays per year
Xero offers an industry-leading 26 weeks of parental leave at up to 100% pay
Xero offers a number of employee wellness programs, to include yoga, mindfulness and nutrition workshops, EAP, free flu shots, team meals, and a monthly wellbeing allowance
This is a fixed-term maternity leave cover for 4 months. This position is offering only full time work during the 4 months.
Diversity of people brings diversity of thought, and we like that. A collaborative and inclusive environment is important to us. Working at Xero will provide you with a diverse and inclusive environment alongside people who will respect, challenge and support you to have fun while you do the best work of your life. We are a place where personal development, flexible working, innovation, and well-being are not just inspired but celebrated. We value our people and offer a wide range of compelling benefits and perks, including Xero shares and great parental leave policies.
Xero's collaborative culture is underscored by our values - #Ownership, #Challenge, #Beautiful, #Human and #Team - which empower us to understand and serve customers, attract top talent and continuously innovate. From the moment you step through our doors, you'll feel welcome and supported to do the best work of your life.
Please note that we currently require all employees and contractors to be vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to work from a Xero office, or engage in any face-to-face Xero business. Xero will work with anyone who is not vaccinated, or prefers not to disclose their vaccination status, to determine if any reasonable accommodations can be provided to ensure their role can be performed safely whilst the restriction is in place..