Product Owner - BenefitPoint at Vertafore
A product owner's main objective is to translate business problems and requirements into user stories that enable a development team to create the best solution to solve customer problems. A product owner at Vertafore is a member of an energetic agile team of Software and QA engineers and is responsible for defining, prioritizing, and ensuring that developed solutions achieve business requirements.
You will collaborate closely with internal stakeholders to understand business processes/goals and identify business problems that may be effectively resolved with technology solutions. You'll work closely with Sr. Product Owners and / or Product Managers to understand roadmap goals/strategy and distill high-level requirements into a backlog of user stories that enable development teams to understand what problems need to be solved in order to build the best solution. As a Product Owner you will also prioritize the development backlog and work with Sr. Product Owners and / or Product Managers to plan and sequence the work appropriately. As features or user stories are delivered, you'll work closely with QA to ensure the problems are solved and requirements are met.
Our culture fosters collaboration, innovation, integrity, mentorship, commitment to success and FUN. Our managers are dedicated to growing their people and offering an opportunity that allows you to make an impact in your career.
Core Requirements and Responsibilities:
Essential job functions included but are not limited to the following:
· Translate business problems and requirements into user stories for the development teams to implement
· Develop and maintain a prioritized backlog of user stories for implementation
· Partner with QA to define acceptance criteria and verify acceptance criteria are met
· Research and respond to questions from designers, developers, and QA
· Clarify user stories to the appropriate level of detail where needed
· Collaborate with product management, development, and user experience design staff to lead on time, successful scope definition and feature deployment
· 0-2 years' experience
· Experience working with B2B SaaS software in any capacity is a plus
Additional Requirements and Details:
· Travel required up to 10% of the time.
· Located and working from an office location.
· Occasional lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds.
· Frequent repetitive hand and arm movements required to operate a computer.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision (working on a computer, etc.).
· Frequent sitting and/or standing.
*We are currently working remotely due to COVID19.
The Vertafore Way
Insurance is about relationships, and technology should make those relationships stronger. That's why, at Vertafore, it's our mission to transform the way the industry operates by putting people at the heart of insurance technology. By focusing on our customers, becoming better every day, and delivering results you can see, we provide the level of trust and security that insurance is all about.
· Bias to Action: We're united by an innate drive to take action and make a difference in the technology and insurance spaces.
· Win Together: We work together as one team, showing empathy and respect along the way.
· Show Up Curious: We work to challenge one another to push boundaries and think beyond the box.
· Say It, Do It: We honor every one of our commitments because integrity is important to us.
· Customer Success is Our Success: We cultivate authentic relationships and follow up by actively listening to their needs.
· We Love Insurance: We appreciate the impact insurance has on the world.
Is this role not an exact fit for you? Keep an eye on our Careers Page for other positions!
Vertafore is a drug free workplace and conducts preemployment drug and background screenings.
The selected candidate must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the job responsibilities, duties, skill, or working conditions. In addition, this document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.
Vertafore strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
We do not accept resumes from agencies, headhunters, or other suppliers who have not signed a formal agreement with us.