Product Operations Specialist
Simple Energy is a fast-paced, fast-growing, Boulder-based startup. We graduated TechStars in 2011 and have continued growing and improving since. We are changing the world by helping people understand and reduce their energy consumption. We’re looking for someone to join our team and help us change the world.
As a Product Operations Specialist, you will work cross-functionally to manage the implementation and operations of a commercially available product with multiple clients.
The implementation process includes gathering assets, configuring the product, and performing launch-related activities. You will work directly with our Product Management and Partner Success teams to manage project timelines and track dependencies for launch, with our Business Development team to collect data and assets from retail partners and third-party integrators, and finally with our Marketing team to build customer journeys and email lists. You will be responsible for developing standard operating procedures for each of these tasks.
In addition, you’ll be responsible for operating the product. This includes managing and reviewing performance analytics, supporting direct marketing and managing invoicing and reporting. You’ll be responsible for creating and managing process documentation around product operations.
- Work with Product Management, Engineering, Partner Success and Marketing to coordinate product launch tasks and track to a strict timeline
- Manage the technical implementation of the product, using resources and admin tools provided
- Work with our retail partners and third party integrators to obtain necessary data and assets in a timely manner
- Develop standard operating procedures for managing assets
- Reconcile and analyze third-party data
- Assist Product Management with product development tasks, including QA, user testing and product performance analysis
- Work with Marketing to develop customer journeys and upload product-specific marketing data
Work with third-party merchandisers to coordinate product advertising upon launch
- Project Management experience in an agile software environment
- Proven experience in contributing to a successful project or product in the past
- Experience with a web based company managing web based applications
- Ability to create, document and optimize operational business processes that impact multiple stakeholders
- Previous experience parsing and analyzing large data sets
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter, ability to work autonomously and be highly productive in an agile environment
- Proficiency with Excel and SQL strongly preferred
- Previous technical writing experience preferred
- Previous start-up experience is a strong plus
- BA/BS degree or proven equivalent experience
Benefits every Simple Energy employee gets:
- Competitive salary
- An equity stake in Simple Energy
- Getting to live in one of the greatest places in the world – Boulder (we're a little biased)
- Health insurance coverage
- Wellness Plan - Reimbursement toward Ski Passes, Gym Memberships, Race fees, etc
- Rocky Mountain National Park Annual pass
- Boulder/Denver B-Cycle Annual membership
- Flexible Vacation Time
- Be part of building a great company with an awesome culture: intelligent, passionate, engaged coworkers; company outings; free snacks and drinks; and the opportunity to change how millions of people think about and act on saving energy.
Reporting to: Director, Product Development
Start date: ASAP
Simple Energy does not work with third party recruiters.