Product Manager at Flatfile Inc.
At Flatfile, we believe that humans shouldn’t have to struggle to use the data that drives our work forwards. We create beautiful, human-centric experiences to remove the barriers between people and data. We’re automating every repetitive and painstaking process involved in teaching machines what data is and where it should go.
What do a grocery store, early stage e-commerce startup, and Fortune 500 insurance company all have in common? They are all Flatfile customers, for one.
Regardless of segment or geography, accessing usable data quickly is a baseline requirement for operating your business today. Flatfile serves as a crucial bridge between messy, 3rd party data and our customers’ systems. We call this data onboarding, and we view it as both a challenge and an opportunity to serve every company in the world.
Want to join us?
We're not just looking for someone to punch a clock. We crave your diverse perspective and your desire to solve the most unique challenges at the intersection of data and design.
About the role:
As a Product Manager, your mandate is to build a durable Roadmap for solving the most valuable data onboarding problems. Flatfile’s products are the practical realization of our long term business objectives. As such, Product Managers craft a path towards success in realizing those goals, and are accepting of failure along the journey coupled with rapid course correction. Your orientation is towards our market (both current and future), and you clearly articulate the most important problems for our products to solve, as well and provide guidance to our engineering and design teams in pursuit of those solutions.
Product Managers live in a world of decisions - and decisions are emotionally taxing when made consistently from intuition. Therefore, you must devise effective systems to outsource many of their decisions using data, and focus your intuition on decisions that are as of yet unmeasurable. Key to this is communication, specifically why you made a decision. The best Product Managers can tell compelling stories, which not only educates but also motivates your team and their market on the value of the roadmap. But those stories are not fictional, they are rooted in rigorous analysis, research, and results interpretation.
Practically speaking, some of your responsibilities will include:
- Defining the market problems we solve
- Who has the problem?
- What is the impact of the problem?
- What is the market value of solving the problem?
- Prioritizing problems to solve
- Defining and articulating the reach, impact, and confidence in those
- Organizing around themes to develop efficiency in delivery
- Adjusting priorities on a regular basis
- Providing guidance and input as we build new solutions
- Clarifying requirements, constraints, and risks
- Providing feedback to the product engineering and design teams
- Connecting with customers, as well as connecting others with customers
- Measuring the adoption and efficacy of new solutions
- Provide a measurable target for each solution
- Collaborate with the Growth Ops team on a reporting framework
- Implementing experiments as appropriate
Your success will be dependent on your enthusiasm for the problem space, ability to learn about the market quickly, and deft balancing of strategic and technical initiatives to drive customer adoption and purchase of Flatfile. You’ll work closely with Flatfile’s executive leadership and play a pivotal role in the growth of our business. And you’ll fail, but you’ll learn from your failures and teach others along the way.
- You have previous experience in Product Management, Product Marketing, or Product Operations
- You have built roadmaps for B2B products in a high-growth startup environment
- You have entrepreneurial spirit combined with a track record for of positive results in ever-changing environments
- You can clearly define business problems using both qualitative and quantitative research
- You can build scalable frameworks to inform the broader team about the problems we solve and why we solve them
- You can translate your vision into internal- and external-facing stories that relay the value of Flatfile’s solutions
- You prefer working in a collaborative, cross-team capacity. This role requires you to work across functions and departments to bring the product to life.
Our goal is to be the best remote company in the world. We take this very seriously, and aim to treat every employee like a million dollar hire.
- We look for great teammates (not just great individuals). We’re team-focused here: we want to be the type of place where you’re surrounded by the best people in your career, where we all make each other better.
- The best tools to do your work, including a Mac laptop and top of the line hardware.
- Unlimited discretionary vacation, and recommend a minimum of 3 weeks
- Comprehensive healthcare plans (including Vision and Dental), with fully covered options for you and your dependents
- 24/7 access to a Health Advocate
- Free annual membership to One Medical in participating regions
- Short term disability insurance
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- 401k retirement plan, with 100% matching for up to 3% and a 50% match for the next 2%
- Equity options
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Flatfile’s reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado.
- Salary: $130,000 - $170,000 annually
- Equity: this role is eligible to participate in Flatfile's equity plan