Pie Insurance is an insurtech company tackling meaningful problems. At Pie, we work with small businesses using technology and innovation to improve how they access insurance. Like our small business clients, we are a diverse team of builders, dreamers, and entrepreneurs. So, at the heart of every decision we make is the idea that if it doesn’t serve our clients, it doesn’t serve us.
Today, all Pie-oneers are working remotely and will continue to do so until it is safe to return to the office. As a remote team member, you will be expected to be available for meetings with team members in other time zones and have access to reliable, high-speed internet.
We will consider this role for continued remote work once our offices reopen with up to 20% travel to Denver and/or DC.
How You’ll Do It
As a Product Manager, you will leverage your knowledge of product management to build-out of innovative and easy-to-use applications supporting our businesses. These include, but are not limited to: direct to consumer and partner sales, direct to consumer and partner service, and internal automation systems for Sales, Underwriting, Business Development, and Customer Service. You will consistently question why insurance has done things the way they have, and deliver innovative answers as to how we should do them.
The Day to Day
- Define and communicate product plans from conception to launch.
- Use data-driven methodologies to influence feature prioritization, feature research, and post launch performance.
- Building out innovative, disruptive, easy-to-use insurance applications, purchase experiences that help optimize conversion, empower our internal support teams to be as efficient as possible.
- Prioritizing feature development and work-streams to maximize our growth, speed-to-market, and create high-quality products.
- Breaking down processes so they can be rebuilt in ways that fundamentally challenge the industry status quo.
- Own the execution and excellence of your features/ area of expertise and the business outcomes. Be scrappy. Challenge Convention. Solve problems.
- Write clear and easy to understand user stories. Do what needs to be done no matter how big the obstacles or how limited the resources.
The Right Stuff
- Bachelor degree in a related field such as Business Administration, Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, or equivalent quantitative degree.
- Hands-on product management on many projects, with a minimum of 5 years of experience in product management or similar roles.
- Successfully released features in complex systems that seamlessly fit within a larger business ecosystem.
- Displayed the ability to flex into disparate domains quickly and provide immediate value.
- Ensured quality assurance is balanced with timelines, priorities and day zero solutions.
- Experience using qualitative and quantitative data to generate actionable insights, and leveraging those insights to achieve goals set for the feature, and to connect those quantified goals to meaningful outcomes for the business.
- Experience creating and managing portions of a roadmap and can develop a vision for your areas of product while connecting the dots to contribute to company strategy and vision.
- Strong communication skills and ability to influence stakeholders impacted by your area of ownership and ability to implement the most important requirements.
- You have a passion for disrupting the status quo and want to change how insurance is done.
- Experience persuading, negotiating, and quickly building relationships with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- SQL proficiency required, familiarity with JIRA and basic familiarity with object-oriented programming languages is a plus.
- Competitive salary
- A piece of the Pie (in the form of stock options)
- Comprehensive health plans
- Generous vacation
- Paid sick leave
- Commuting allowance
- Future focused 401k match
- Modern office space with onsite gym
- Our core values are more than just a poster on the wall; they’re tangibly reflected in our work and recognized with our monthly culture award
- Generous parental leave
Our goal is to make all aspects of working with us as easy as Pie! That includes our offer process. When we have identified talent that is a good fit for Pie, we work hard to present an equitable and fair offer. We look at your knowledge, skills and experience that you bring, along with your compensation expectations and align that with our company equity processes to determine our offer ranges.
We value and want to support our team members, and are proud to offer a comprehensive compensation package which includes the following:
Compensation Range for position: $125,000 - $140,000
Other Benefits: Each year Pie reviews Company performance and may grant discretionary bonuses to eligible team members.
Pie Insurance is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or other protected characteristic.
Pie Insurance Named a Top Colorado Company 2020
Pie is rated Excellent by our customers on Trustpilot
Checkout our employee reviews on Glassdoor
Pie raises an additional $127M in funding