Product Manager at Apto
It’s an exciting time in commercial real estate and we’re at the forefront of a market that’s just beginning to accelerate technology change. Apto is focused on connecting the commercial real estate industry. We’re doing it by building a remarkable platform (cloud-based CRM, deal management, and back office) and we’re highly focused on the success of our customers and employees.
Apto has been recognized by Inc. Magazine as one of the Top 50 workplaces nationwide, placed on the Inc. 500 list, and designated a Best Place to Work in Denver. Come help us bring commercial real estate out of the dark ages with an award-winning team.
Do you have a passion for web-based software and are looking for a great startup opportunity that is going to revolutionize an industry? Do you have experience defining, launching and leading outstanding software products? Are you obsessed with solving problems for your customers? If all of this sounds like you, please read on!
We are looking for a highly self-motivated individual who can drive cross-functional teams of leaders and individual contributors throughout the organization. You will represent Apto to customers, partners, and other significant constituencies, as well as representing those constituencies within Apto. The ideal candidate will thrive in a work environment that requires strong problem-solving skills and independent self-direction, coupled with an aptitude for team collaboration and open communication.
- Lead and define strategy and vision for specific products, delivering high impact solutions in a fast-paced environment.
- Translate the solution vision into clearly articulated roadmaps and user stories.
- Work with customers and Apto resources to identify product and feature priorities to successfully meet the goals of the business.
- Serve as an agile/scrum product owner. Lead daily stand-ups, provide guidance to developers and direct reports, resolve impediments. Prioritize the needs of the business and users, then find the most efficient solution for developers.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including operations, finance, sales, marketing, development, other product and UX design team members to drive solution definition and successfully execute on the roadmap.
- Communicate a deep understanding of the customer, the problem, and the solution with clear line of sight back to the business objectives.
- Prioritize challenges, problems and opportunities based on business rationale to drive product priorities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business, or Information Technology. An equivalent combination of education and work experience may be taken into consideration in lieu of a degree.
- 3+ years of relevant product experience with focus on software products and technologies that drive the delivery of services to customers.
- Product Owner experience in an Agile/Lean Product environment.
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational and analytical skills, with the ability to evolve product strategy based on research, data and industry trends.
- Polished communication skills including ability to deliver persuasive presentations to senior executives, partners and customer stakeholders.
- Excellent critical thinking skills to make good decisions in a fast-paced environment
- A self-starter with bias toward action and know how to balance getting details right while still moving fast.
- Proven ability to work cross functionally in a highly collaborative environment
- Ability to innovate and define creative solutions with compelling user experiences that exceed customer expectations.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Master’s degree in Business, Computer Science, or Engineering is preferred.
- Experience within the real estate industry is ideal.
- Experience with delivering analytic solutions built on customer financial performance data, including benchmarks and trends analysis.
What you’ll get in return
- The opportunity to work for a fun, quickly growing, well-capitalized startup
- Competitive base salary
- Flexible Time Off
- Generous Stock Options
- Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits
- Regular company-provided lunches and team events
Apto does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.