Hotel Engine is a high-growth, Denver-based tech company that is innovating the business travel industry with a free, private hotel booking management platform. With over 200,000 hotel properties globally, Hotel Engine offers up to 60% off publicly available hotel rates for small-to-medium businesses, large enterprises, and government travelers.
Serving industries like construction, transportation and logistics, oil and gas, retail, healthcare, and more, Hotel Engine has customized hotel reservation management solutions built for the control, transparency, billing, and support needs of organizations of any size and industry.
Hotel Engine is the fastest growing business lodging platform in the United States. Despite the recent economic downturn caused by COVID-19, we are growing rapidly & continuing to drive product innovation. Specifically we are expanding our product development team by adding product owner / product manager roles which will be responsible for defining the product roadmap, communicating with key external and internal stakeholders, and shipping new features for our customers.
If you’re up for a fast paced, scrappy start-up environment, please consider applying.
- Serve as the product owner/ product manager working with 1-2 on-site / domestic Engineering teams to build new product features.
- Play the role of a product owner for your team(s), working directly with the engineering team on writing stories and getting new features into production .
- Maintain a prioritized product roadmap of key features. Rank the backlog based on end user needs, data analytics and stakeholder requests.
- Own the success of your product features, both by implementing new functionality to improve the experience as well as monitoring success in production.
- Communicate frequently with design, technology, leadership, and other internal stakeholders.
- Serve as the expert of your product to all internal and external stakeholders, both in communicating updates and soliciting feedback and new ideas to drive better product.
- Advocate for customers’ needs and studiously gather feedback and ideas for feature improvements.
- Create functional and technical requirements for the development team.
- Gather business intelligence data to help make data-driven roadmap decisions.
- Support sales team and deliver product demos that communicate product value proposition, and features and benefits.
- Participate in and lead various aspects of the product development process including daily stand-ups, requirements gathering, user acceptance testing, demoing product, and whatever needs to be done to ensure successful deployment.
- 3+ years’ experience with product management, ideally in Agile practices such as Kanban and Scrum.
- Solid understanding of how web applications work and current technologies. You do not need a coding background, but you should understand how the pieces fit together.
- Serve as the expert of your product to all internal and external stakeholders, both in communicating updates and soliciting feedback and new ideas to drive better product .
- Proven track record of driving the product development process from beginning to end which includes user story definition, grooming, commitment, and delivery.
- Ability to both think strategically about the direction of a product, while at the same time not being afraid to roll your sleeves up and get in the weeds of executing on that strategy.
- Experience with owning and managing product features once delivered, including iterating on MVP and scaling up successful launches.
- Exceptional project management skills and able to manage multiple projects in parallel.
- Strong interpersonal skills that bridge business needs and development process.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written, to drive the entire team to success
- Thrive in situations where one must efficiently make sense of chaos.
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance in a rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to move quickly and make decisions with limited information, but also recognize when the wrong decision was made and pivot quickly.
- Strong facilitation skills, tenacious and strong-willed in your approach to drive alignment, focused on business results.
Required Education & Experience:
- 3+ years as a Product Manager or similar role
- Previous experience with software or IT projects
- Ability to thrive in a start-up, fast-paced, ever-evolving environment
- Medical, dental, vision, and supplemental insurance
- Free 'Employee Only' healthcare coverage
- 401k plan
- Unlimited vacation
- Paid holidays, sick time, and volunteer opportunities
- Discounted hotel rates
- Paid parental leave
- Company-sponsored social events and happy hours