Greater Denver Area
Establish Pie as the leading commercial insurer among small business owners by growing our customer base in both the direct and partner channels. You will balance strategic imperatives with an ability to execute on necessary tactics all in service to driving revenue growth for the company.
Product at Pie
Pie’s Product Management team has a strong bias-to-action. With a keen focus on solving user problems and a deep commitment to meeting business goals, we develop clear product concepts with well-defined objectives and benefits.
To make sure what we’re building is easy to use, can be brought to market quickly, and actually meets a need, we are passionate about collaboration across Pie.
As with most startups, Pie will need to make tough calls about where to invest our time and resources: you will be instrumental in helping us make those trade-off decisions as they relate to our insurance systems, leveraging your ability to generate creative solutions to thorny problems. You will take on additional areas of work growing out of our partner and direct customer growth needs, and pinch-hit on other areas of work within the Product Team to grow your skills.
Whether It’s Right For You
You will be joining our team in our Denver office. Everything we do is connected, but we each have different roles. That means we need you to be a very strong collaborator. We are a start-up. All hands and minds are needed.
We expect you’ll have spent at least 4 years doing hands-on product management, with prior experience product managing Web-based customer purchase funnels. Experience in the insurance industry is a plus.
The Day to Day
- Leverage your rock-solid experience with A/B testing, conversion rate optimization, and funnel analysis to make data-driven decisions about how we should continue to improve our products.
- Build out innovative and easy-to-use insurance applications, purchase experiences that help optimize conversion, and empowering our internal support teams to be as efficient as possible
- Work alongside Engineering, Sales, Customer Care, Marketing, and Underwriting to build the right products effectively.
- Prioritize feature development and work-streams to maximize our growth, speed-to-market, and create high-quality products.
- Incubate new solutions, ideas and strategies. Communicate vision with story and data.
- Ensure our applications and APIs are meeting our business, legal, and contractual needs.
- Own the execution and excellence of your products. Be scrappy. Solve problems. Write clear and easy to understand user stories. Do what needs to be done no matter how big the obstacles or how limited the resources.
The Right Stuff
- Excellent communication, organizational and project management skills. Ability to work among teams, functions, and locations, with lots of autonomy and little guidance.
- You have excelled in the engineering space and have successfully used those skills to promote the growth of a product.
- Proven ability to get the most and best out of all different kinds of people, shifting how you communicate to maximize effectiveness and efficiency.
- Rigorous - asks hard questions, validates assumptions, connects the dots, pays attention to the details.
- Strong execution; you make a path; you’re comfortable with uncertainty and change.
- Possess and grow an expert level of knowledge of the workers compensation insurance domain.
- Data-driven (quantitative and qualitative) by nature and zealous about designing products for actual human beings.
- You excel in relationship management, self prioritization, and posses a rare ability to separate the urgent from the important.
Working at Pie
- You expect to challenge others and to be challenged.
- Your communication style is candid and compassionate.
- You share your knowledge. We aren’t here to compete with one another; we are in it to win it, together.
- You share our passion for the small business community.
Pie Insurance provides workers’ compensation insurance directly to small businesses online. Offering A.M. Best A rated coverage, Pie leverages data analytics, easy-to-use online features, and a seasoned team of insurance experts to create an insurance model that’s as easy as pie. We began offering insurance policies in 2018 with a mission of helping small businesses experience true savings and an unmatched level of service.
A fast-growing insurtech startup, Pie has home offices in Washington, DC, and Denver, CO. Our all-star team offers an incredible career opportunity where you can use your expertise to disrupt an industry and serve the SMB community.
Want a slice? In return for your commitment to us, you’ll get a piece of Pie. At Pie, we’re invested in you, and you in us.
Read Full Job Description