Product Manager at Pie Insurance
| Greater Denver Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:42 a.m. (MST) on Wednesday, June 24, 2020
At Pie we are pioneering a new approach to insurance. As a rapidly growing insurtech startup, we are disrupting an industry that is ripe for change. We focus on small business, and each Pie-oneer has the opportunity to help small business owners achieve their dreams through accessible and affordable workers compensation coverage. Pie has an inclusive, values-driven culture, where hard working self-motivated team members have limitless growth opportunities.
Pie’s Product Management team has a strong bias-to-action. With a keen focus on solving user problems and a deep commitment to meeting business goals, we develop clear product concepts with well-defined objectives and benefits. As a Product Manager, you will be instrumental in helping us make those trade-off decisions as they relate to our insurance systems, leveraging your ability to generate creative solutions to thorny problems. You will take on additional areas of work growing out of our partner and direct customer growth needs, and pinch-hit on other areas of work within the Product Team to grow your skills.
How You'll Do It
You will be joining our team in our Denver office. Everything we do is connected, but we each have different roles. That means we need you to be a very strong collaborator. We are a start-up. All hands and minds are needed.
This person will report directly to our Chief Product Officer.
Your day to day responsibilities may include:
- Leverage your rock-solid experience with A/B testing, conversion rate optimization, and funnel analysis to make data-driven decisions about how we should continue to improve our products.
- Build out innovative and easy-to-use insurance applications, purchase experiences that help optimize conversion, and empowering our internal support teams to be as efficient as possible
- Work alongside Engineering, Sales, Customer Care, Marketing, and Underwriting to build the right products effectively.
- Prioritize feature development and work-streams to maximize our growth, speed-to-market, and create high-quality products.
- Incubate new solutions, ideas and strategies. Communicate vision with story and data.
- Ensure our applications and APIs are meeting our business, legal, and contractual needs.
- Own the execution and excellence of your products. Be scrappy. Solve problems.
- Write clear and easy to understand user stories. Do what needs to be done no matter how big the obstacles or how limited the resources.
The Right Stuff
- Excellent communication, organizational and project management skills. Ability to work among teams, functions, and locations, with lots of autonomy and little guidance.
- You have excelled in the engineering space and have successfully used those skills to promote the growth of a product.
- Proven ability to get the most and best out of all different kinds of people, shifting how you communicate to maximize effectiveness and efficiency.
- Rigorous - asks hard questions, validates assumptions, connects the dots, pays attention to the details.
- Strong execution; you make a path; you’re comfortable with uncertainty and change.
- Possess and grow an expert level of knowledge of the workers compensation insurance domain.
- Data-driven (quantitative and qualitative) by nature and zealous about designing products for actual human beings.
- You excel in relationship management, self prioritization, and posses a rare ability to separate the urgent from the important.
Pie is a place where you can build a career while making a real impact on our company and the small businesses we serve. When you join Pie, you join a team of people who truly care about our customers and the work they do. If you are energized by a high-growth, fast-paced environment and are looking to do meaningful work, we want to hear from you!
Pie Insurance is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or other protected characteristic.
• Competitive Salary
• A piece of the Pie (in the form of stock grants)
• Comprehensive health plans
• Take-as-you-need PTO – Salaried
• 3 weeks paid vacation – Hourly
• 7 days of paid sick leave – Hourly
• Commute Allowance
• 401k Match
• Modern office space with onsite gym
• Monthly Happy Hours
• Generous Parental Leave
Pie Insurance Named a Top Colorado Company 2020
Pie Insurance Raises $45M Series B