Product Manager at Pocket Outdoor Media
Pocket Outdoor Media is looking for a full time Product Manager eager to apply their passion and skills towards building the personalized fitness platform of the future. You will join our energetic team based in Boulder, CO and play an integral role leading the short term and long term digital product roadmap, and championing the Pocket Outdoor Media platform to internal and external stakeholders.
As a Product Manager at Pocket Outdoor Media, you will be a cross-functional leader expected to work across engineering, creative, and marketing to drive the success and goals of the business. What does the future look like? You will outline the hypotheses and execute that vision, and quantitatively evaluate progress along the way. This role will engage directly with the design and engineering teams to translate customer and market requirements into a successful agile product development plan. This role also includes partnering with leadership and engineering development to plan, evaluate and drive trade-offs to optimize solution offerings.
What you will do
- Shape Pocket Outdoor Media's approach to product development with an outward, forward-looking perspective that melds business goals, customer needs, and market context
- Articulate a vision for a product that gets the team excited
- Find and describe massive opportunities and create a roadmap to achieve them
- Write easily-digestible product requirements and frame tough decisions through first-principles
- Fill in the gaps - you should have a little bit of context on everything and be able to unblock the teams at all costs
- Enable high-quality, timely execution in a fast-paced, iterative environment with a team of a team of talented engineers and designers
What you will bring
- At least 3 years of product management experience. Applicants should be comfortable creating and owning the product vision, then executing that vision by sweating the details, requirements, and deadlines
- Prior experience with SaaS, B2C, e-commerce and early-stage startups is preferred
- A demonstrated ability to structure a proposal for cross-functional team alignment
- Clear and succinct writing for anything from product requirements to copy
- Proven ability to ship digital products
- Experience in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Eagerness to learn new tools and skills as necessary to tackle problems head-on
- The ability to analyze data and separate the signal from the noise - a sharp analytical mind
- A high potential for future growth
Bonus points for
- Knowledge of at least one programming language
- Ability to write SQL queries or knowledge of comparable business analytics tools
- A love of endurance sports
Pocket Outdoor Media is proud to offer a strong benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), 401k plan, commuter benefits, and company equity, along with a salary commensurate with background and experience.
If possible, include links to at least one product -- website, iOS app, etc -- that you worked on that also characterizes the kind of work you like to do. Additionally, in your cover letter, please tell us a little bit about yourself: 1) What is your Uber/Lyft rating? 2) What is your favorite food? 3) What do you do for fun?
We look forward to hearing from you!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. Any offer of employment is contingent upon the results of a pre-employment reference check.